• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Parts that have been donated or bought for disable veteran project

Fan clutch should arrive tomorrow according to the post office receipt

Sent from my SCH-I535

The waterpump needs to be the 1998 pump or better. Not a 'fits 1998 and up' as there's no difference in fitments across the build years. From a Maxx Torque article, if you're going to go with the AC Delco replacement, the pump part number should be the AC Delco 88894035.

With the thread on Duramax fan clutch arriving you need a Model Year 2000 "spin on fan" water pump. All water pumps fit the engine. The fan clutch is another deal. There are like 6 bolts on the 'backside' gear/chain case cover holding the water pump on.

There is one cheap here. TO6500105 6.5L Water Pump (Spin-on Fan)
http://www.peninsulardiesel.com/WP-...ategory=discounted-vehicle-new-take-off-parts

Sell the dual thermostat crossover or trade it for a single thermostat unit. The duals do not clear the throttle/cruise cables. The above link may also have the single t-stat crossover. Call them and also let them know what you are doing.

I run the single t-stat in extreme towing conditions and will say duals are not required.

Do not credit me with the 2nd box. It is from another member on here. :cheers2:

I recommend "Unique Diesel" - chevydiesel on here... he is the DB pump man around here... he might not have seen this thread yet???

You don't need a dual stat, the stock single will be just fine, either drill & tap the old one of find another... a LOT less work than a dual stat that isn't needed..

The inter fender wells could have been had for 35$ each new aftermarket if I had of known ya needed them..

Is this the clutch, or fan clutch? IIRC the fan clutch runs at too high a temp for the 6.5.

For fitting the 02 DMax fan, will need to trim the shroud to get it to fit.

That depends on the 6.5, engine mounts etc. I didn't have to trim the shroud on my 1993, but I did for the 1995.

I couldn't find anything for kick on temps for the Duramax fan clutch other than others have used it.

Ok well it's been awhile since I have been on here. Transmission and engine is out of the truck. The engine has been turned over and oil pan removed And NO Cracks can be seen

ha,what parts are still needed?,,could please list truck,year,type,mods,etc,,,,i must have missed it

What we are working on is a 1993 Chevy Silverado ext cab c3500. Trans was just rebuilt with a shift kit.

Parts we have gotten
FUEL PRESSURE TAP.
TURBO BOOST BOLT.
LIFT PUMP BYPASS KIT.
Walbro FRB-5 lift pump
Wix Pre Filter mount and new filter
Glow Plug Wire Harness
Feed the beast
02 duramax fan
02 duramax clutch
k47 air box
Glow plugs
Injectors
Tie rods
Upper and.lower ball joints
Hydro Boost system
Paint job will be done when truck is up an running again
Windows will be tinted when truck is up and running
Interior will be done soon
Inner fender wells should be in tomorrow

Part still needed
Master rebuild kit
Db2 ip
Turbo. I need to go back through thread and emails and read everything and see who said they had one.
Oil cooler lines
Egt gauge
Fuel pressure gauge

Exhaust is up in the air one buddy says to put stacks on truck another says 4 inch exhaust.

I'm sure I am forgetting something.

I wish I had the funds to pitch in on this project. I'm not even close enough to spend time helping.

I sure hope you can get a video of handing the keys back. We all need a little face washing.

Don

Back