• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Parts that have been donated or bought for disable veteran project

There will be a video. And I'm gonna have me and the veteran take a little road trip to get some faces with the usernames. I'll even set him up a account on here.

Selling my Suburban (crossed over to the dark side and bought a 2014 Ram Laramie Megacab 3500 Cummins to pull a 5er). Have lots of stuff that I'd love to donate to the cause. I have a turbo for certain that is fine. Pulled it off my 97 and put on an A-team. You can have it. PM me for shipping address. Got some mirrors and other BS also, let me know how I can help.

I would recommend Total Seal gapless rings. Also recommend ARP head studs with sealer on the bottom threads. Remember the 6.5 head bolts are 1 use only TTY, torque to yield. New Powermaster Starters are a good choice if his needs one.

Jegs could help with the gapless rings.

my opinion on exhaust: put a nice 4 inch diamond eye with a tasteful tip on. If a guy does stacks, and the truck owner isnt a fan of stacks, there is now a gaping hole in the bed.

but, if he did want stacks, and had the DE 4 incher out the back, he could allways add stacks and sell the DE.

Better to not install and have him want them, then to install stacks and not have him want them, but that is just my opinion. :)

Also, glad to hear the K47 made it. Thanks again to War Wagon for taking care of it from start to finish, I couldn't have done it without him, as there are no K47s for a couple hundred miles that I am aware of out here in no mans land western KS. :)

T-Stat manifold, new T-stat and gasket came in today. Also yesterday boost gauge came in thanks to all. What do you guys use to make you intakes and all aluminum look brand new.

I used media blasting to get the crap off and then had powder coatings applied.
IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

I used a lot of elbow grease, wire wheels etc. to try and polish out the casting irregularities in aluminum once but, as it turns out, anodizing cast aluminum turns everything pewter....wasted effort that was; a lot of wasted effort.
IMG_1056sm.jpg

TurbineDoc polished his stuff out mirror smooth and shiny but that is a lot of hours of work.

Hey everyone sorry for taking so long went on a fishing for two weeks. Alternator bracket ac compressor bracket and valve covers and exhaust manifolds and battery holders have been sent out to be sand blasted and powder coated. Heads and block have been sent out to be hot tanks cleaned and inspected to make sure their are no cracks.

We would love to know how this project turned out.

Tony hasn't answered my PM so I sent him an e-mail. I really do hope this is progressing again soon.

If anybody has an address or phone number I could have my son swing by. He lives about 17 minutes away.

Back