• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Parts that have been donated or bought for disable veteran project

Either or if it's a rebuilt I would like it to be a reliable company. That company is talking about donating the engine. Just wanted to know if anyone has used them before.

Truck and owner is better off with their 400,000 mile running engine than a POS from this company. Seriously this is where a good deed will bite you in the ass later! Yeah, their rep for their engines blowing up/failing is legendary. You could loose a good high mile core to them in the process...

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?40690-US-Engine-Production-Inc

WW... Do you need the fan clutch I mentioned earlier

Sent from my SCH-I535

Yes they will need it, I am just sending the fan. (The fan did not fit a 454 gasser project for a Veteran friend. Diesel and gas engines have different water pump hub and fan clutch bolt hole circle diameters. )

Warwagon thanks so much for bring that post to my attention. I have read some reviews and I can't believe what I am reading. I just Google the company's name and type reviews after and all I can say is wow. I feel bad for all them people they pretty much stole from. How are they still in business. I'm glad I asked you guys first. I'm telling them to get lost.

Yes they will need it, I am just sending the fan. (The fan did not fit a 454 gasser project for a Veteran friend. Diesel and gas engines have different water pump hub and fan clutch bolt hole circle diameters. )
Thanks,
I have Tony's address and it will be sent by the weekend

Either [new or rebuilt] or if it's a rebuilt I would like it to be a reliable company.

Given the choice, I'd go new unless I could control every single part that went into the rebuild.

The new blocks look dimensionally the same, but metallurgy is different and literally battle hardened across two desert wars, so the current (new) 506 blocks are better than rebuilds or NOS.

Just to highlight, I had the new or rebuild decision to make a few months ago and went new rather than cheap-out on a rebuild as I could not control which block was used. Also, the *best* warrantee on a rebuild was 12 months / 12K miles; even my wife commented that it basically was no warrantee.

If you have the engine out: pull the oil pan and wipe the main webs clean. Leave the engine on a stand overnight with the installed crank on top, cylinders down. Any main web cracks will show up as oil lines. If it passes this test then you can get serious about looking for other cracks.

Hopefully the block is good even with the odds stacked against it.

So some goodies came in today from Patrick from walking j designs and from Leroy at Leroydiesel.com I would like to thank you guys. Patrick thanks for the candy in t he package.

Just called a bone yard that had two K47 air boxes this past Fall. Trucks were crushed :( *Knew* I should have bought parts of the carcases . . .

Tony, definitely going to take me a bit for tracking down the K47, so do not throw away what you have.

Jay, I have a lead on a K47. OK if I donate it?

Well got the fenders off and grill will be dropping of the radiator to get boiled and repaired. Next get the engine and see how much damage is done. Pictures will be up soon.

The oil cooler only needs to be replaced for a bad engine failure as you can't flush it out. Otherwise it is fine. The oil cooler hoses get hard with time and can blow out. Jrsavoie is 100% correct in the vendors that make a better kit than the cheap and troublesome GM setup. GM's hoses can't take the heat and fail often usually with a leaky warning and the clips on the engine side are known to fail now and then.

Fan is shipped and should arrive on the 7th. Yes, for some strange reason it took 2 boxes. :skep:

Fan is shipped and should arrive on the 7th. Yes, for some strange reason it took 2 boxes. :skep:

"But wait, there's more." You're good man.

Tony,
Could you give us an update on parts received & parts still needed please?
I know as you tear into things, you find more issues which means more parts.
Thanks.

hello to everyone. I know everyone has been dying for a update and some pictures... So I have been pulling the front of the truck apart to make it easier to pull the engine. so far the fenders and fender wells are off. The power steering cooler is off. the ac condenser is off. the oil cooler is off. the core support frame is off. and the radiator.

there is a major leak of oil and power steering and brake fluid on driver side. Found a leak in the hydro boost. I have a replacement one to get rid of the bad one. the fender wells were pretty rusted and I ordered new ones yesterday :WTF:the price hurt.

So far parts that have came in the mail
FUEL PRESSURE TAP. - Leroydiesel.com
TURBO BOOST BOLT. - Leroydiesel.com
LIFT PUMP BYPASS KIT. - bought at leroydiesel.com donated by anonymous person
Walbro FRB-5 lift pump - anonymous person
Wix Pre Filter mount and new filter - anonymous person
Glow Plug Wire Harness - PTWiringsolutions.com
Feed the beast- Walking J designs

Parts waiting to come in
02 duramax fan
02 duramax clutch
k47 air box

Can anyone recommend a company that can test and if need be rebuild the db2 ip?

tstathousing.jpg I am looking for the lower housing. I guess when someone was replacing the tstat they cross threaded one of the bolts and the upper housing doesn't fit on the right. I bought a used dual tstat housing but doesn't fit.

sunday1.jpg

sunday2.jpg

sunday3.jpg

Back