• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Parts that have been donated or bought for disable veteran project

as far as posting pics go 2mb is the limit per pic with (IIRC) 10 megabytes overall. kinda looks like you got carried away on the resize as the pics are pretty small.

The positive battery cables are shot from the picture. I recommend replacing them. GM routed the positive cable around the exhaust manifold behind the starter heat shield to the power junction block on the passenger side firewall. The "old" insulation falls off and the truck can burn to the ground. I recommend routing the main power wire differently. Also the positive battery cable can rub through at the bottom of the passenger battery tray.

Add a fender to engine and frame to engine ground cable. Make sure the grounds sat the trans dipstick are spotless - re-crimp with new wire eyelets and silicone seal if in doubt. ECM grounds there. The GM groundstrap has likely rotted away on the back of the passenger head.

Don't forget to check for and remove/improve the restrictive fender air intake snorkel. You can't even get a Bic lighter through it...

I have an isspro you can have, that is the older style airbox. a good upgrade is the 97+ k47 box. also on the grounds it is a good idea to move it from the dipstick forward one hole as the dipstick hole is wet and the intake holes are dry

I have an isspro you can have, that is the older style airbox. a good upgrade is the 97+ k47 box. also on the grounds it is a good idea to move it from the dipstick forward one hole as the dipstick hole is wet and the intake holes are dry

Does 93 have that ground?

View attachment 42138

here is a picture of the air box

That is the standard air box with a flat filter. I will start working on sourcing the K47 which uses the higher volume cylindrical filter. Will take me a few weeks as the personal schedule is going to get tight on free time for a bit.

Question, is there anything inside the fender where the air box connects? If there is, remove it (it is commonly called a snorkel).

Just called a bone yard that had two K47 air boxes this past Fall. Trucks were crushed :( *Knew* I should have bought parts of the carcases . . .

Tony, definitely going to take me a bit for tracking down the K47, so do not throw away what you have.

And even with a K47 you will want to reuse the 90* rubber bellow you have from the 93. (So Jay, just the box and fender connection might be easier to find and cost less?) Also, being 93 it will have the restriction/snorkle in the fender unless its been removed allready.

Just thought about this also, You can use a air box off a gasser they use same filter, but you will need to drill a 3" or 4" hole on opposite side of box.

You looking for new or rebuilt?

I can get brand new 506 Optimizer for $5710
or P400 for $6950. Both plus crate charge and shipping.

Either or if it's a rebuilt I would like it to be a reliable company. That company is talking about donating the engine. Just wanted to know if anyone has used them before.

Back