• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 in the Burb install

Rockabillyrat

Reaction score
Of course is will start and run well. Plenty of people run marine nozzles with n/a cups. What I'm talking about is the fine adjustments made to optimize your set up for what you want it to do. In my case more power. If you wanted fuel mileage you would go about it differently.

Will L.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say raising or lowering pop pressure has a specific affect of more or less power/ mpg. We found getting everything tuned in together made biggest impact on both. It really depends on your setup and use. for people never going above 2500 rpm, compared to those in the 4000 range frequently, they will see different results.

We found back in the 90's that bringing stock injectors up to 2350, using REAL diesel fuel, and a slight advancement in timing improved both power and mpg- so a more efficient burn all around.

going from 303 to 311 nozzles you can atomize much better at the same volume of fuel with higher pressures because the higher pressure means less time of the injector open- so less fuel per event.

Yes what precups are in there or if you flowed the heads makes a big difference too. And absolutely right, getting too much misting into the precup can have horrible results. That's why I like the idea of 2 full sets for test and comparisons.

6.2 turbo

Reaction score
Well,I have experimeted,from 1600-5000. Never noticed less power at higher pressures. Plus, the engine sounds better.