• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 in the Burb install

This is frustrating to hear. I know the guy that built my pump no longer works at Conestoga, but they should still be able to build a pump that at least runs! It’s odd that both times you’ve had a problem it was with cylinders next to each other in the firing order. I don’t want to doubt your skills, but we all make mistakes......any chance you have those 2 lines swapped on the pump?
Hey Nate, hit him up and tell him what's going on maybe he has an idea. Is he building these pumps for someone? Maybe he can build one that runs on all 8.

Hey Nate, hit him up and tell him what's going on maybe he has an idea. Is he building these pumps for someone? Maybe he can build one that runs on all 8.
I wish he was doing it still. He got out of diesel injection and is a shop manager at a concrete company now.

Since you have a shop local to you that checked your injectors. Why not take the pump or even the whole truck to them to look at? Something is being missed and a fresh set of eyes on it may just find it.

My local shops are only able to do stock configurations and can barely do that. My setup would be above the heads of anyone that I know of.

Yea, look at Conestogas website and you'd think they are qualified but after my experience I'm not so sure. Alot of my confidence put in them was after seeing how Nate's success was but he had a different builder from what I know. I guess anyone can put together an impressive website.

I will speak to the local guy that put one of my Peninsular pumps on his flow bench just before it siezed a head and rotor on theirs. It's just nobody does performance work on these engines or pumps, appearantly for good reason.

I will speak to the local guy that put one of my Peninsular pumps on his flow bench just before it siezed a head and rotor on theirs. It's just nobody does performance work on these engines or pumps, appearantly for good reason.
I suspect someone could fab a mount for a Bosch P7100 in 8 cylinder configuration for that 400......

J&S diesel in Las Vegas used to be the place to go for the db2 back years ago. My understanding is they still do good work, but idk about hot rodded pumps anymore.
I don’t even know anyone there anymore. One of the 2 owners, Scott is no longer here, and used to be the guy to do it. He had other good builders there, but he worked magic.

I am hesitant to mention them because I have no clue on their quality nowdays. But if we cannot find someone proven rock solid, I would risk them doing mine.

On the P pump for p400, it has been done once, I am still trying to get the owner to let me show pics and details. Was stupid pricey needing housing modded and custom cam for it (pump cam not 6,5 engine cam).
Custom Intake headers on each side obviously too.
A bit taller, but what Truck doesn’t look god with a scoop or cowl? Haha.

J&S diesel in Las Vegas used to be the place to go for the db2 back years ago. My understanding is they still do good work, but idk about hot rodded pumps anymore.
I don’t even know anyone there anymore. One of the 2 owners, Scott is no longer here, and used to be the guy to do it. He had other good builders there, but he worked magic.

I am hesitant to mention them because I have no clue on their quality nowdays. But if we cannot find someone proven rock solid, I would risk them doing mine.

On the P pump for p400, it has been done once, I am still trying to get the owner to let me show pics and details. Was stupid pricey needing housing modded and custom cam for it (pump cam not 6,5 engine cam).
Custom Intake headers on each side obviously too.
A bit taller, but what Truck doesn’t look god with a scoop or cowl? Haha.
There is at least one p pump manufacturing facility that makes custom everything when it comes to those iline "8" pumps. Yes they are expensive but lubed by engine oil not fuel and the injectors can handle almost any fuel and real nasty fuels w/lube added. I just cant remember what V-8 diesels use the P pump inline "8".....

At this point I would like to just bolt on a different DB2 pump to verify the issue. This aint rocket science, the .350 pump sat around on the old motor for years before I got in on the P400, and got it running again, it ran great I was just wanting more power. So I took it off and sent to Conestoga for HP build, while it was of I had the injectors repopped from 2700 to 2250 from a local guy, put it all back together and 2 dead holes and a siezed pump in 20 minutes of runtime. Send pump back to Conestoga along with my injectors to get checked and repoped again to 2250 and reinstall , same issue just with 2 different dead holes. So the problem can only be in the pump or injectors, so the only thing left to do is switch # 2 injector (dead hole) with # 6 injector (good hole) and if the problem moves it's the injector, if not it has to be the pump. FYI I already did the injector swap test once with the 1st Conestoga .350 plunger pump and the problem didn't move. Any one have a good used or rebuilt DB2 they want to get rid of? I'm kicking myself in the ass now because I sold a good rebuilt DB2 pump for 500 bucks some years ago, I could sure use it now.

Back