• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oddball thermostats.

Nvw ..he will let me do what ever I want.. it's in the truck right now and if I understand right he can get it started.. from what he told me the engine itself has pretty low miles on it.. but considering he got it second-hand who's to say.. he's in no hurry to sell it and told me he will hold on to it for me till I got the money or we can work out something..

And yes I like old school stuff and I like a challenge but this truck is making me turn greyer than I already was...lol.

I guess growing old it truly is mandator.... But growing up is still optional..😀

Reactions: NVW
So IIRC I have a spin on fan clutch kicking around here somewhere if you want it it's yours. Then you could get the spin on water pump and be ready for the electric fan clutch option. It really makes a difference having it kick on when you want it. Another option would be to drill and pin the fan clutch you have now so it runs all the time. Be noisy as heck but would be maximum cooling as far as the fan goes.

Ok than ill return the 4 bolt pump in a.m.. I'm sure AK remembers our conversation about the 99 pump and the confusion we had LOL..the guys at CarQuest said they were going to put it on the shelf and keep it they weren't going to send it back.. that was a spin on style..I'm going to go down there first thing in the morning and grab it after I return the 4 bolt one..(hopefully it's still there).. if not they can have one overnight worst case scenario...AK I gladly take you up on your offer but I would have to insist on giving you something for it.. plus shipping from Alaska is gonna cost a bit.. if he happens to decide to get my truck into the shop before yours gets here I can go to the junkyard and get a spin on one from there.. even if it's no good it doesn't really matter cuz the one I have is no-good LOL at least the pump will be on the truck..
Ak we can work out the details.. if I remember right you have a PayPal account.. but if you don't mind can we do that tomorrow cuz it's almost 2 in the morning here LOL..

No problem. I don't know if this spin on clutch works or not but I was in your shoes I'd pin it to get you going again. It will reduce your MPG a tad and be noisy

On the waterpump it counts to get the ac delco. It being a balanced flow is the ig factor.
Remember to use the 5% discount on their thread here.

Back