• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Now a worst farm shop tread

bison

Reaction score
Seeing you guys with your nice clean roomy well lit shops with overhead doors and all.
Here is what hellhole i have to content with.:rolleyes5:
Tell me, do i need an upgrade or what :eek:

Size is 66 x 22 x 10.5 high ceiling. The only door 12w x 10h,no windows,dirt floor
I'm short of space in every way. :sad:
Have a look around,not even enough room and light to take a decent pic:smile5:

Attachments

• shop 001.jpg
    shop 001.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 18
  • shop 002.jpg
    shop 002.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 20
  • shop 003.jpg
    shop 003.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 17
  • shop 004.jpg
    shop 004.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 17
  • shop 005.jpg
    shop 005.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 15
cry me a river....out at our property i had to buy a halogen light tree so i could do a valve cover gasket job on the plow truck at 5pm.....outside in the snow...I wish i had a roof to work on stuf under at the farm house

cry me a river....out at our property i had to buy a halogen light tree so i could do a valve cover gasket job on the plow truck at 5pm.....outside in the snow...I wish i had a roof to work on stuf under at the farm house
Been there done that,before i had this shop rigged up i done a head gasket job on my feed tractor outside in 25 below,that was no picnic either.

Bison, I would love to have your shop.:D

It looks like to me, and I have been there and talk from experience, that all you need to do is get organized and get rid of some of the stuff that is just taking up space and you never use. I am wondering what could be done about the dirt floor without trying to pour a concrete floor. Wow, that would be expensive and from the look of the equipment that gets on it it would have to be industrial strength.

Yes, the high rollers have picture perfect shops and call them "Man Caves" but, how much work do they actually do and what is farmed out?

That nice neat shop that I posted (right after I spent all day cleaning it up) spent the 1st 5 yrs of it's life with a gravel floor, no insulation and was heated with a 110k btu kerosene torpedo heater so I know where you are Bison. As to the extra clutter and keeping crap you probably never need, that's all stuffed in other farm buildings. I did start to clean alot of it out a few years ago when we were hoping for a quicker sale...:mad2:. Alot went to the scrap yard.
Take the time to work on clearing it out Bison. It'll get alot better if you do. Might try to get a couple loads of coarse aglime to make a better floor and see about putting some insulation in. That will make a big difference.

It keeps it barely +4 at 30 below

My dad had a welding business shop and as a kid I could never stand the clutter. Then one day a customer came looking for something he needed and my dad was able to go right to that shelf that held it and sold it to him. The guy had been all over looking and nobody had it. We did though!

I look at this as a 3F project..... FIT... FORM ... and FUNCTION

do most of your projects take place in the shop when needed?---the Fit

Are you able to do the work inside, even +4 is better than the alternative of 30 below---- this is the fit

The function I see in this is that you have tools inside, you have space to do the work, may no be a large amount of room but you are able to work there and I seee that as the Function.

You dont need a caddy if you can really get by with a chevy:thumbsup:

Mike, that wasn't really fair of me. But, anyone who's shop is neater than mine (most) are neat freaks.

Part of my shop on a good day.:thumbsup:
616942336_ZJbB2-M.jpg

and on a normal day.:rolleyes5:
616941689_LcBdP-M.jpg

and on a bad day.:nono:
616940999_2o78g-M.jpg

Unfortunately the bad days overwhelm the good days but, I am optimistic that it will eventually get better.:eek:

We ended up buying this fixer-upper home summer of '07. It had a 1 car garage that faced the alley. My first project was to turn it into a 2 car facing the main road. It's a small lot so I did a ton of measuring my "driveway" to maximize space use and make sure I didn't screw myself somewhere in the long run. Built the whole thing by myself. Only help I had was a friend coming over to help pick up and place the overhead beam (size determined by friggen county P&Z...wayyy overkill). My power is still supplied by 2 extension cords coming from the house :rolleyes5: but I'm planning on fixing that remedy next summer. I can then at least use my welder again :thumbsup:

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.jpg

6.JPG

7.JPG

Back