• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Now a worst farm shop tread

Ah, yes; you've provoked some of us to envy with your falling roof and mousy walls. In better days, the 2 car garage was a requirement before I'd buy a house. We had 3 or 4 of them in a row. After 9/11, I'm lucky to find a piece of cracked concrete to park on to work under the rigs. We all seem to get by with what we have to, right, Guys?

Ah, yes; you've provoked some of us to envy with your falling roof and mousy walls. In better days, the 2 car garage was a requirement before I'd buy a house. We had 3 or 4 of them in a row. After 9/11, I'm lucky to find a piece of cracked concrete to park on to work under the rigs. We all seem to get by with what we have to, right, Guys?
well jeez,after seeing all these nice shops i figgured i'll show them a crappy looking one.Not realizing that some of you have even worse or none.:D

What does 9/11 has to do with shops and garages anyway?:confused:

What is it about this tread that makes some envy my worn out shop?:confused:
Is it the shop itself,or whats in it?
I did.nt sense these reactions on the the other 3 treads where peoply display their brandnew or well orginized shops.
I for one would like to have one,but it does'nt make me jealous.:nonod:

"Favors" that bite

I found i always pulled the short stick helping neighbors using my shop to fix their own,missing tools,using supplies(bolts,nuts ,welding rods etc)without replacing them.Only "favors" in return where the use of pieces of equipment that i had to fix first before it could be used.:rolleyes5:
Cats somehow dont like my cute little mices,they want processed food.When I tell them no,go catch mice,they bugger off to the neighbors:rolleyes5:

:iagree: I've been burned too many times, by freinds and relatives; tools that walk away, some borrowed and never returned, some just stolen.
I may help someone with a progect, but I take my toys home after play.
I don't loan anything anymore unless they leave me something I feel is of more or equal value (to me).
I don't care about offending any little feelings if I don't want to loan my tools. Grow up. We're not little kids any more, and it's taken YEARS to get what I have now. When I need it, I should have it, not a handwritten note in its place.
Maybe I'm too old. I'm tired of having to replace things I already owned. I can't afford it any more. My father in law put up with the family thieves, saying about the missing tools; "they aren't stolen, they just changed owners."
Too nice for me.

There's a passage in the bible about lending that I finally got;
Don't lend something unless you can give it away. If you can, and it comes back to you, it's like a bonus. If it doesn't come back, it was a gift.

As far as the cats, we keep plenty of them around; out of 5, one may be a good mouser. The rest are lazy slobs crapping and pissing on anything. I prefer dogs. They appreciate me.:thumbsup:

Interesting posts about loaning tools and equipment.

I thought I was the only one that didn't loan their tools anymore.

I also don't help many anymore as most don't appreciate it and will never reciprocate.

I have also limited my contributions to the different clubs I am affiliated with as there are a lot of slugs that are just plain parasites and never have anything positive to contribute.

To many predators and freeloaders out there,sometimes hard to tell friend or foe apart. quikest way to turn friend into foe is lending tools or money too.

2 signs i seen posted in a shop.

Dont ask to borrow tools.If i do,and you dont return them,I'll be mad.
If i dont,you'll be mad.

I rather you be mad.

Credit extended only to those who are over 90 yrs old and acompanied by both parents

At least some of you guys have a shop. I don't have one yet. Maybe one of these days. Right now I have the ground as my friend.

I have come to my senses not to loan anything out either. I have family that I have loaned stuff to and never seen it again. Bout the only person that I can trust to loan anything to is my dad.

I'd kill to have space like that, Bison.

My current space. It's small, but at least I can keep the 02 in it or use it for small projects.
P1080892.jpg

P1080893.jpg

My last place was about 25x30 but only had a single 8x6'8" door. I had to put my 88 on 27" tires to fit it in there and it was still tight.

At least some of you guys have a shop. I don't have one yet. Maybe one of these days. Right now I have the ground as my friend.

I have come to my senses not to loan anything out either. I have family that I have loaned stuff to and never seen it again. Bout the only person that I can trust to loan anything to is my dad.
hey man ,i started out with notting either:nonod:,took the better part of 40 yrs just to get where i'm now:D
Set your goal,focus and persist.

Any building is better than outside in winter or wet weather. I had nothing until 2004, I love my 48'x72' shop.

Any building is better than outside in winter or wet weather. I had nothing until 2004, I love my 48'x72' shop.

Hey, that place is big enough for me to get my motorhome inside! Hmmm...

This is the only pic I have of it in full. Jim if you saw the inside you would see there's no room for anything.

Attachments

• SA400073.jpg
    SA400073.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 8
I'll bring it out, anyway. I'm sure we can move some stuff. Or just sit and drink beer and TALK about moving stuff :D

Back