• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Now a worst farm shop tread

yep,nice building,now you need to plant some more trees.:D

reminds me of when i lived down south,wide open plains,i hated it.:sad:

Yeah, tell me about it. My wife and I have planted 10,000 trees, not counting repeats.:nonod:
We live on a ridge where we can see 40 miles to the north, hence the name of my business.
Last Thursday and New Years we had a howling wind from the south, I would take a -30 calm day over that anytime.

):h
:iagree: I've been burned too many times, by freinds and relatives;

I loaned my truck to the pastor of my church and his son to help him move, it comes back after a week and after an $800 body shop fix I dont loan anything pretty much period!! If someone needs some help I offer to take the truck but only I control the truck. Or anything else for that matter.

):h

I loaned my truck to the pastor of my church and his son to help him move, it comes back after a week and after an $800 body shop fix I dont loan anything pretty much period!! If someone needs some help I offer to take the truck but only I control the truck. Or anything else for that matter.
Lets start a tread about loaning/borrowing stories:smile5:

Bison, I would love to have your shop.:D

I am wondering what could be done about the dirt floor without trying to pour a concrete floor....................

Try using limestone gravel screenings. It grades out nice, packs down very well, and reflects light much better than dirt. It's the next best thing to concrete at a fraction of the price.

Up on the Noth Slope they put up alot of semi permanent shops. And they'll take d1 and make a bed as flat as they can then lay a grid of 2x4s on it so it will allow plywood to be nailed to it. After they get the grid done the fill in the 2x4s with sand and compact it and screed it of so it is flush with the top of the 2bys. Then they install plywood over it. Plywood is backed up everywhere underneath it so it's actually pretty solid. You can drive over it and use a creeper.

Up on the Noth Slope they put up alot of semi permanent shops. And they'll take d1 and make a bed as flat as they can then lay a grid of 2x4s on it so it will allow plywood to be nailed to it. After they get the grid done the fill in the 2x4s with sand and compact it and screed it of so it is flush with the top of the 2bys. Then they install plywood over it. Plywood is backed up everywhere underneath it so it's actually pretty solid. You can drive over it and use a creeper.
A wood floor aint gonna work for me,i do a lot of torch cutting,grinding and welding.

Back