• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to diesels and tooj on a 6.5 turbo diesel project

That blow by is less that what mine has. It’s still got a lot of life left in it. The smoke from the tail pipe. I wouldn’t worry about it till you have put a few miles in and it’s had a chance to burn off anything in the exhaust system

Got the air out of the line now just little bubble started seems to run good but when i opened oil fill a constant puff white smoke I think I read that means she toast I gave her my all and learned a lot but let me know what yall think
WHOA THERE PONY…
Got the air out of the line? Time to be specific.

If you are getting air bubbles in the clear line- that means you have someplace that air is getting sucked into the fuel system. Anywhere before the pressure of the lift pump like a cracked hose or loose hose clamp will cause air to get sucked into the system.

You don’t “get out the bubbles”. The bubbles in the return line just go back to the tank. The problem is bubbles getting into the ip. You have to stop them from getting in.
Examine the fuel line from tank going forward.

Yes right above or the hard line but it's on filter and little puddle on ground
Parts store might show a kit for that OF adapter.
Be a gasket and an O Ring for sure.
While getting that kit, if the OF adapter still has those steel line hookups, get those two oil line adapters too. There is O Rings within those adapters and once the plastic tabs are pressed and the oil tube released from the adapter they usually will not reseal.
The PO of My truck went to the hydraulics portion of a parts store, got hydraulic hoses made for the truck It no longer has those adapters that so often fail.

WHOA THERE PONY…
Got the air out of the line? Time to be specific.

If you are getting air bubbles in the clear line- that means you have someplace that air is getting sucked into the fuel system. Anywhere before the pressure of the lift pump like a cracked hose or loose hose clamp will cause air to get sucked into the system.

You don’t “get out the bubbles”. The bubbles in the return line just go back to the tank. The problem is bubbles getting into the ip. You have to stop them from getting in.
Examine the fuel line from tank going forward.
What Will L is saying.
I had to take a real close look/watch on the clear hose of My truck.
The air passing through was fast and i could not tell that it was air passing through the hose. Had to watch it for a little while before I realized what I was actually seeing was not clear fluid bit it was fast mooving air bubbles, almost like an invisible foam.

ok. one thing at a time. your getting air in the clear return line and your oil cooler lines are leaking oil.

both need to be fixed, but that oil leak on the oil cooler lines needs to be fixed first. if it blows out you'll be looking for another engine!!

post a pic of where they are leaking oil.

20230325_121505.jpg20230325_121745.jpg
OK this is 1 problem area I sprayed parts cleaber on it so I could see better so the fresh oil isn't there to see anymore but it's either lower or upper hose I have gaskets coming today and clips Monday I put another clamp on end of rubber line I put on hard line hoping that stops the bubbles the clear hose should only ever have 1 little bubble never anything more I'd working right and how could I tell if I'm getting coolant in oil 20230325_121505.jpg20230325_121745.jpg

And any suggestions on changing them gaskets o rings and clips seems to be a tight spot I don't have horn off intake is it during the relearn that it may take off could the air be coming from these blue return lines i put in

16797626133834278396234736850374.jpg

with the oil cleaned off you can run it and see where oil begins to seep out.

on the fuel... fuel runs to the IP first and out the return of the IP. the tank hard lines your talking about, are those the ones at the fuel tank where the hard line goes into rubber and connect to the tank sender? that can be the culprit where the air is getting in. your lift pump is mounted on the frame rail pulling from the tank. there is not a pump in the tank like on a gas truck. check the rubber hoses going to the tank sender, also check the lift pump threaded fittings. there are rubber o-rings on the ends of both fittings that can also leak. anything between the lift pump and the tank is "suction" from the pump and could be sucking air into the lines.

Back