• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to diesels and tooj on a 6.5 turbo diesel project

HAHA! posted at the same time...

if you do upload a video. a quick tip. upload it to your youtube account and post the link to it here. that seems to be the only way to view them on the forum.

I do have an event to attend here shortly so I will try to be online but probably be off and on for a bit to help.

If it will start again- video that clear line.

Air in the fuel will make crazy things happen- make hard starts, no starts, low power, might set no codes and other times sets a few codes. GM made putting on the clear line and checking it step #1 for a reason.

When it is coolant in the exhaust it is overwhelmingly obvious smell. Little kids ask- what smells like sugar. So you have oil/fuel creating smoke. Don’t even worry about it until she has 20 miles on it after sitting so long.

If it will start again- video that clear line.

Air in the fuel will make crazy things happen- make hard starts, no starts, low power, might set no codes and other times sets a few codes. GM made putting on the clear line and checking it step #1 for a reason.

When it is coolant in the exhaust it is overwhelmingly obvious smell. Little kids ask- what smells like sugar. So you have oil/fuel creating smoke. Don’t even worry about it until she has 20 miles on it after sitting so long.
The manufacturers of coolant anti freeze products was mandated to put some kind of additives into the coolant so it dont taste sweet. Not sure what year that was. After I heard about that I took a taste on My flinger. It has a bad nasty taste to it now.
I dont know how sweet this newer formula would smell with that additive in it.

Got the air out of the line now just little bubble started seems to run good but when i opened oil fill a constant puff white smoke I think I read that means she toast I gave her my all and learned a lot but let me know what yall think
Honestly I don’t think it’s been ran enough yet to determine how tye blow by is. With it sitting so long I’m sure they’ll be some rings that need to be seated in again

Back