• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to diesels and tooj on a 6.5 turbo diesel project

like this adapter commonly used on power steering systems? it takes the metric port and converts it to standard JIC. I have a set of them in my tool box when I was doing some testing on my P/S system

can you tell what size the ID is on the tubing they used for the hose made? I bet it's 3/8" tube or thereabouts.

18mmx1.5 to an-6 JIC
1681917204311.png

Well I'm not sure if the k seal worked don't have high hopes on it how do I know if it's more then just a head gasket does anyone have a set of nice used heads for sale
You can pressure test the engine.

Did you follow the directions to a T?

I'd be on the lookout for a running engine donor that you can check out before swapping.

Any used or new heads I would take to a machine shop before installing.

Depending on the whole story, If the K seal appears to work.
I'd run it until it doesn't.
It can be cheaper sometimes to find a running donor.

You can pressure test the engine.

Did you follow the directions to a T?

I'd be on the lookout for a running engine donor that you can check out before swapping.

Any used or new heads I would take to a machine shop before installing.

Depending on the whole story, If the K seal appears to work.
I'd run it until it doesn't.
It can be cheaper sometimes to find a running donor.
What jr says.
If its a rusted out hulk or if it has a nice body, maybe transmission or transfer case problems.
Grab them up as You find them. Sell of body components and anything You might not need and whats left in six months haul to the scrapping yard.

Ok I didn't follow directions at all on the k seal and did a bottle of cheaper bars stop leak last night I drove a couple miles at very low speeds last few days and after the treat last night oil is very milky so I got the better bars stop leak and everything to do 2 oil changes to flush surly this engine will seal this leak just accrued and motor running good is there other possible leak areas that could mix oil and coolant like radiator and or turbo and seems like breaks locking up have to put into reverse to unlock but I don't think it's breaks 1 side of truck on rear is 1 inch lower then other I raised and wobble every tire and seem fine and suggestions

Back