• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Holland L35 skid steer loader revival

At work, the site glasses for the tanks I build have a temp gauge.
(Not saying it's better or worse, just an observation)
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
That would be a nice feature. I know there’s a pressure switch plumbed in the hydraulic system that turns on a light in an over-pressure situation, but I don’t remember if there was an over-temp switch. I’ll have to look. If not that would be a nice feature to add.

That would be a nice feature. I know there’s a pressure switch plumbed in the hydraulic system that turns on a light in an over-pressure situation, but I don’t remember if there was an over-temp switch. I’ll have to look. If not that would be a nice feature to add.
Hey, Nate, Surplus Center used to have those in their catalog, check on-line and see if they still do! That's another dollar for plugging them, LOL!

Does Surplus Center pay you extra when you attach links?? ;)

No, nightmares are of the damn thing working and actually having to work it all day. Aka pickups and cargo trailers don't load and unload themselves.
No doubt - that's a whole other nightmare. That's actually why I did the flatbed build last year - that's the truck that's going to move the dirt the skid steer digs. I had plans to make it a dump bed as well - which would be totally kickass, but it wouldn't be a small project, and I think I could be effective enough for the project I need to do where I can just push the dirt off with the loader tractor. We'll see.

I would say the worst-case scenario will me being about half way through the project, so I'm committed, and THEN having a motor or pump puke. That will be awesome and I can't wait to write about that this summer.....

This is detail oriented “repair” (actually restoration) proof of why his 6.5 can do what it does. Only wants it right, not afraid to learn on it, always looking many steps ahead.
Thanks Will, I do what I can and hope others learn along with me. The other benefit is having others with experience look over my shoulder so they can weigh in when I'm about to make a mistake (ie. the gas tank).

Here's what we use.
c01d5f4abc1e9146c94ca7c7dc7eb3a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Most of tonight felt dumb, but the end result felt pretty good. To get the gas tank IN I had to take the hydraulic surge tank and bottom support OUT! And then, to get the surge tank back in, I had to remove a hydraulic hose with rusty fittings! I think I made part of this problem myself because when I took it apart originally the gas tank came out first and then the surge tank after that. So I was just reversin the order for install. It looks like I made the hole for the gas tank filler neck smaller than what it was before so that seems to be the problem. Ah well, it’s together now.
036FB7E5-A094-49C3-B99B-9677CC2A183B.jpeg 256AB789-B58E-4D9B-A296-80C3599CE113.jpeg 3E8424A6-84C0-4402-89A1-95659CA98A0B.jpeg

Then I made the J bolts for the retaining brace. I made them by cutting and bending some 3/8” stainless carriage bolts. Lots of anti-seize got used on these to keep the nuts from galling (I HATE when my nuts get galled!!).
7E3B1C3C-3DB0-4D8C-8717-40B77D3D130B.jpeg

So.....it looks like I made a false statement a few posts back. Remember when I said it didn’t matter if the channel for the retainer was a little taller? Wrong. The surge tank cap is going to collide with the heat shield when I instal that. I may be able to get away with a smaller fill cap, but I’ll probably also have to put a dent in the heat shield. Oh well, it’ll do.
CE2A3D7E-683E-41E4-BE1D-D50ACCBC8A8B.jpeg

That is going to be one fine little machine when it is finished.
Be sure that the fuel filler neck is not rubbing on the cover, could wear a hole through it.

Back