• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New 2.8L Colorado Duramax

True, @Will L. The heavy sour crude being extracted now really makes shitty fuel stock when cracked. It is far better suited for making tar, asphalt, plastics and impossible to clean up messes when it spills.

Of course, if one wants the ultimate MPG diesel vehicle, a diesel Smart Fortwo is the way to go. Confirmed high 40's around town and 70+ MPG on the highway.

True, @Will L. The heavy sour crude being extracted now really makes shitty fuel stock when cracked. It is far better suited for making tar, asphalt, plastics and impossible to clean up messes when it spills.

Of course, if one wants the ultimate MPG diesel vehicle, a diesel Smart Fortwo is the way to go. Confirmed high 40's around town and 70+ MPG on the highway.
I would hope a diesel roller skate could do high mpg's.

Just like the Smart Car it is a rolling coffin going down the road...………...:D:smuggrin::)

You may think so, but they are engineered and built by Mercedes Benz. They're designed as an integral roll cage around the occupants and are pretty stout.

May be pretty stout without a doubt, what kind of impact protection against bigger vehicles?

Been there seen it, most of the time bigger and heavier vehicles prevail in collisions, sometimes it didn't matter, heck there are always certain circumstances that dictate who lives, when its your time to go, its your time to go.

Based on my experiences and observations over the years, sorry charley, aint getting in no smart car or match box job car, you can have mine and save the earth all you want, I feel a lot better in my 2500HD.

May be pretty stout without a doubt, what kind of impact protection against bigger vehicles?

Been there seen it, most of the time bigger and heavier vehicles prevail in collisions, sometimes it didn't matter, heck there are always certain circumstances that dictate who lives, when its your time to go, its your time to go.

Based on my experiences and observations over the years, sorry charley, aint getting in no smart car or match box job car, you can have mine and save the earth all you want, I feel a lot better in my 2500HD.

You would be surprised at how tough they actually are. I seen some lics 1 time of them being tested. Yes the outer skins come off, but it is actually built with alot of structure inside. It is part of the reason there mpg's aren't any better than they are, it is a very well built car under the light weight skin.

Latest two tanks, 85% HWY to and from TN to FL:

1) 24.98 MPG
2) 25.21 MPG

I'm pretty sure I have a DPF issue. The truck is for sure in regen mode more than once per tank. I know I'll get regen 2-4 times a week. It seems like every other day I'm in regen mode. Off to the dealer soon..

Jeff, what is the towing capacity of this truck?

I am not Jeff, but I am curious about the new 3 Liter, Inline 6 Diesel also.

If I am correct the Colorado like BoostN has tows 7000 pounds according to the net.

I can't find a thing about the 3.0 Liter Diesels towing capacity yet.

Of course you guys have heard GM is bringing out a 2.7 Liter turbo 4 cylinder engine . TFL guy did an article on the 2.7 Liter and discussed with the Chevy Engineer the torque and HP numbers (348 FT LBS Torque and 310 HP) . Peak torque at 1500 RPM and good torque curve to 4000 RPM, so the engineer said.

Going to be real interesting to see about the 3.0 L Diesel inline 6 as we mentioned before.

I have attached a chart with some specs, interesting thing is why doesn't GM offer a 3:73 or 4:10 rear gear, I suppose they are going for fuel mileage.
chevy tow ratings.png

I know the 3.0 Liter Inline 6 Diesel thread was not open to reply's yet, but since we have been talking about the 3.0 Liter I ran across a video, supposedly a guy claims is the new 3.0 Liter being driven. Different color than I have seen before and I think that truck has the 6.5 foot bed maybe?

I know the 3.0 Liter Inline 6 Diesel thread was not open to reply's yet, but since we have been talking about the 3.0 Liter I ran across a video, supposedly a guy claims is the new 3.0 Liter being driven. Different color than I have seen before and I think that truck has the 6.5 foot bed maybe?

Nice video.. haven't seen that one yet!

Back