• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New 2.8L Colorado Duramax

Very interesting indeed. It would be nice to see an economy tune that could return true 30 MPG Plus on the open road. Not interested in lots of power I want MPG in a truck like the Colorado. I want a daily driver that gets better mileage than my 2500HD. Heavy hauling would be taken care of by the 2500HD that I have.

I would guess Wherlis was doing thingsd like multi turbos and found it wasn't the right platform

SDP blew a motor a couple of years back as well IIRC...

You can see my Fuelly stats in my signature. It's not bad, my commute is 8 miles a day each way... mostly 30-50 MPH stop/go traffic. It's terrible.

SDP blew a motor a couple of years back as well IIRC...

You can see my Fuelly stats in my signature. It's not bad, my commute is 8 miles a day each way... mostly 30-50 MPH stop/go traffic. It's terrible.

Looks like when you see what kind of driving and traffic you face, averages around 23 MPG or so isn't too shabby. I figure my 2500HD wouldn't even get 15 MPG in those conditions.

Really would be interesting to see what MPG you could get on a long trip on flat ground.

Looks like when you see what kind of driving and traffic you face, averages around 23 MPG or so isn't too shabby. I figure my 2500HD wouldn't even get 15 MPG in those conditions.

Really would be interesting to see what MPG you could get on a long trip on flat ground.

My best was the 29 you see when I traveled from Nashville to Destin, FL.

And I bet that trip was at interstate speeds of course, around 70 MPH or more?

With my 2500HD I can get at least 18.5 MPG to 19 MPG running 70 MPH interstate speeds, so it looks like you can probably beat me by 10 MPG on average maybe. That's just a comparison of course, I am not trying to be in competition with you.

And I bet that trip was at interstate speeds of course, around 70 MPH or more?

With my 2500HD I can get at least 18.5 MPG to 19 MPG running 70 MPH interstate speeds, so it looks like you can probably beat me by 10 MPG on average maybe. That's just a comparison of course, I am not trying to be in competition with you.

Yes, I averaged around 8MPH over the speed limit. You could say 70% of the trip down was at that speed. While the rest at 55-65 MPH.

I had a buddy that had the old Isuzu 4 cylinder diesel in a LUV pickup. That thing was a nice running truck. The motors outlived the trucks. Not really a powerhouse, but good on fuel and longevity.

Yes If I recall correctly a guy around here had a yellow one in a Diesel. No telling how many miles he put on it, the body got to looking pretty rough. He was a rough houser of a guy and put that truck through pure hell.

Truck still doing ok for you?

Yep! Just had my worst tank though.. 19.8MPG. It's been under 20 deg all week. It's ran for 20 mins a day each morning, plus out an about I let it run and take my keyfob and just lock it. So, I've not helped matters at all. Plus, I've been doing the majority of city driving as I was home for the holidays and never really had a place to stretch it out for a period of time.

Yep! Just had my worst tank though.. 19.8MPG. It's been under 20 deg all week. It's ran for 20 mins a day each morning, plus out an about I let it run and take my keyfob and just lock it. So, I've not helped matters at all. Plus, I've been doing the majority of city driving as I was home for the holidays and never really had a place to stretch it out for a period of time.

Still better than my daily driver S-10, 4.3 Vortec. I have checked it twice and it has been around 13.4 MPG local mountain driving. My dad gave me that truck back in October, it has about 135,000 miles on it now. Air filter element looks good, don't know what I could do to help the gas mileage. In the grand scheme of things even though its only getting 13.4 MPG its still cheaper to operate than my 2500HD when it is getting about 14.5 MPG.

To be expected for the weather. You are right on par with my EcoDiesel, however half of my 35 minute trip is highway.

I had to sit through an Asbestos Supervisors class last week and one of the young guns that sat next to me had a Colorado Duramax. He had nothing but good to say about it.

Back