• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New 2.8L Colorado Duramax

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well,

I purchased this on Tuesday evening. After selling back my VW TDI, selling my '11 Duramax a few months ago I needed something that was smaller to get me around the tiny, tiny work parking lot.

I drive "home" a lot to see family and friends and the little Duramax just made sense for me. I don't tow anything up here at work anymore, and if I need to I can get my father's 16 Duramax to do what I need.

I just filled up my first time today, so we'll see what it does this week.

'17 Z71 4x4 Short Bed Cyber Gray Metallic with all the options that I know of except a bed liner.

TruckSerra.jpg20170517_084301.jpg

Keep us up to date. Good lookin rig, that color sure makes the body lines stand out better than the all white ones they have at work. The little chrome touches look good against the gray.

Thanks! Appears that this color goes away in '18. Noticed it in the order guides someone published.

Last edited:
How long until it gets a "offroad tune"? I believe most are reporting hwy mpg in the 28-30 range on them, deleting bumps it up to the low to mid 30's. The nice part is you can get an overseas tune to flash in it, and do away with the emissions while retaining all stock tuning.

Don't temp me Ferm! It's got 550 miles and I've already thought about it... o_O

Currently in Florida..

I hope the MPG's get better. I was hoping for 27+ MPG, but only pulled 25 MPG.

My Current average over 4 tanks.

New vehicle. You'll get noticeably better fuel milage as everything breaks in and clearances open up a little. Change fluids frequently during break in, then go to all synthetics at the 30,000 mile service interval and you'll see those low 30's highway cruising.

Nice new ride. I really like the small Duramax, but I love the spaceous full size trucks. Thus the reason I opted for the the Ram.

My plan is to wait out the warranty then I will start playing around! Hope you get the MPG your looking for. I average 24 with my Ram. Best I've done is 27.5 hand calculated on a long highway trip.

I drive a 03 ford f150 at work (must have pissed some one off). I would say the new colorado is just as spacious width wise. Colorado absolutely has way more headroom. 6'5" Friend fits in one easy. Im 6'2". My hair touches the ford headliner.

Think it will be sometime before they ditch my work truck. Beginning of this year it only had 21,000 miles on it. Sigh... Not a bad rig, but not a chevy either.

Only 1 -6.5 hd left in the electrical fleet here. They'll probably auction it of in a year or two. I'll speak up when they do. Maybe I could get a colorado in the truck swap game later.

Back