• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My trip, the lil 6.2 that could!

Hey Bill,
Your thread has us lurkers coming out in the open LOL. I have enjoyed your posts and would enjoy meeting up with you if you make it into SC. I am in Gaston, which is about 15 minutes from Pelion and only 10 minutes from I-77, I-26, Hwy 321 interchange. I'll PM my number to you.

Well, I'm about 10 miles or so north of Sacramento, have room in my backyard if you need a place to stay, and another guy on TS lives about 5-10 miles from me. Or, I am always looking to go camping somewhere if your plan is further north I could possibly meet you somewhere and camp for a couple nights. Good luck, and have fun. I would love to do this someday. Wish I would have done it before I had kids.

961500 That looks doable, I wont have The TTS Oil Can until later but who am I to miss my first meet with a TTS member. Figure out where we can meet, remember from ur place I will be headed to New Iberia La n then on to Pepps place in Slidell La. The Natchez Trace looks interesting, what is that about? Anybody got a layover spot in Alabama? I will be coming from Franklin Nc into Georgia, probably on 59, really dont think I want to go thru Arlanta.

Slidell is actually southeast of me, so i'd be out of the way where i live, but i could meet you on the eastern side of the state in Meridian MS then you could go south on I-59 from there and that'll take you straight to slidell.

Actually, from meridian,ms you would take I-59 southbound to slidell,la. Then leave slidell on I-10 westbound to kenner,la and take the exit to get onto hwy-90 westbound, that'll take you over to new iberia, then there should be an exit to enter the town(new iberia is located on the northside of hwy-90).

Hey Bcl1 wont be in Columbia but rather far west Nc but I have a very dear friend in Pelion that raises Icelandic horses. Thats some wild white dead sand yall got down there, looks like a field covered in snow!!!! You r right I have noticed the lurkers emerging and giving me invites. Great bunch of sooty handed diesel lovers on this forum ! We will get together when I come back n have a sub n onion rings at that place halfway between Columbia n Pelion, I get the name of the shop from my friend there.

1999Gmc thats verh doable look forward to meeting you! I will firm things up when I get closer ok? Thanks for the invite sir!

Ok 961500 Meridian looks good, I get with u when I am closer. Gonna spend a few days with my parents in Va. Then off to mine for rubies in Franklin Nc. Then off to Meridian Miss! Thanks for making it easy on me by meeting me inMeridian!

GOOD MORNING TTS!!!!! Cant sleep, up at 4am wondering if I am overloaded for my ole girl but hey aint but one way to find out! Gotta have faith in my lil 6.2 Leaving today on the grandest adventure of my life and it makes me just swell up with pride that I am part of something as GREAT AS THE TRUCK STOP!!!!!! I feel much better about The Trip knowing that each and every one of you r riding shotgun with me, what a outpouring of confidence and assurance all of you have given me. I know a major undertaking like this is going to have highs and lows but hey looks like yall are true blue since you are offering me a way to celebrate my milestones and also a port in the storm if the "flying jenny gets hit by lightning"!!!!! Thank u all n "cowboy ride" !!!!

Bill, I'll see you whenever you get this way. Should have both my 6.5's on the road again by then. Were in the sand belt here for sure. They say the ocean was up this far some berzillian years ago. If "global warming" really happens (not) I'll have ocean front property:rofl:. This is a trip I would love to be making myself and take my girls to see the country. For know I 'll just have to start seeing things up the east coast on our annual trip to NY state. I have lots of family up there. Good luck on your trip and may God watchover you all the way.

Best of luck to you Bill. I am sure you'll be fine and that you will have a great trip. I really envy you, being able to take off and just go across country turning whichever way you feel like at that moment. Doing that very same thing has been a dream of mine for years.

This pilgrimage does make me think back to another somewhat similar situation however…… http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?30369-East-bound-and-down!

We’re all pulling for you that your trip doesn’t turn into something similar lol! On the bright side, if you have any trouble at all, you’re never too far from someone here that’s willing to come help you out.

Take care and have a great trip!

"I think we're going to need a bigger [can]!!!"
To hold all the signatures that is. Maybe sign a picture of our trucks or whatever and put them inside?

Happy trails Bill. I'll be in UT this afternoon but with my schedule, you might beat me there depending on which trip I'm on.
"Stetch it out n skinn it back."

I am here, just a short note for now n I get back with yall after while. Clutch fan crapped out on Morrow Mtn. Had to do Fancy Gap with a freewheeling fan. 240 degrees. Engine n all r ok. Need info on what stock fan clutch is best. Not many auto part parts stores n these mtns. Got a advance auto bout 30 miles away. Do I just take the four bolts off that go thru the fan blade. Terrible sorry but I dont want to prowl the treads to find out how to do this. Also dont want to do the fan clutch mod right now.Truck ran like a raped ape, veggie oil must not blow black smoke. Gonna change the oil too, its close to needing it. Thanks in advance for helping, hey this is a very sma problem right? LOL

Should have 4 nuts that hold the fan clutch to the water pump. Take those off and the fan and clutch will come off of the truck together in one piece. Once they're out on the ground, there will be 4 or 5 bolts holding the fan blade onto the clutch.

See what the parts store has in stock, but if you have a choice I would go for the "heavy duty" version. Also, make sure you put the fan blade back on the new clutch with the blades facing the same direction that they were on the old clutch. Hope that's not confusing..... In other words, the curve of the fan blade facing the same way it was.

Advance has to order from factory, how long does rock auto take to ship? Advance has Imperial. Rock auto is Hayden. Any difference, both r severe duty.

Have a good trip buddy,being stuck along the road ain't any fun, so try to keep the breakdowns at a minimum.:thumbsup:
If you get sick of traveling the US,go straight north and come see some real country :D

is advanced your only parts store around? when i needed one oreillys had them in stock im pretty sure. how long did Advance say it would be to get it in. rock auto is normally 3 to 5 days to me but it since its friday it would be mid of next week i bet

Back