• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

So we got snow Monday and Tuesday really wet heavy stuff after it had all settled we had about 7-8". So I blowed for about 4-5 hours and boy was it a work out on the snowblower. I threw the belts twice in the first hour or so and was getting frustrated then all seemed good. As I was blowing I could watch the snow being pushed out in front of me and then it would stop and the blower would bog down and I'd have to stop and let it catch up. Hopefully the next snowfall will be drier and I can get a better feel of how it works.

Picked up this 4" pump around Christmas time. Paid $250 for it the guy I got it from had lost the keyway for the flywheel and had also pulled apart the carb and broken the main jet, you have to pull the jet first before you can disassemble the carb. So it didn't have any spark and the carb needed a rebuild at best. Upgraded to the newer coil so it doesn't need the points anymore. A new import carb was cheaper than a rebuild kit, so I bought a new carb. Runs good. Total investment is right around $300 including what I paid for it.IMG_20200211_163533.jpg
Also I decided to put new casters on my bandsaw as the first time I tried to move it one fell apart. Wasn't very happy with how the caster frame was built as it left the ends open where they had just ran one channel past the other in the corners which left it kinda weak. So I filled in the corners and then decided since I had it that far apart I'd go ahead and take the rest of the base apart and fix some holes someone had put in it. Everywhere coolant touched was fairly rusty so I had it sandblasted and I'm in the middle of painting it now.IMG_20200211_163546.jpgIMG_20200211_163558.jpg

So I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about my base for the bandsaw. By welding the piece in the ends I effectively narrowed the base. It worked like it was because the sheet metal corners of the stand could go all the way out to the ends and the rest of it could flex enough to fit on the sides. So after my paint dries I guess I'll be cutting it in half and welding it back together about a 1/2" wider. Kinda sucks because I thought I was about done. Probably would have taken quite a bit less time to just make a new one. Bummer

So I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about my base for the bandsaw. By welding the piece in the ends I effectively narrowed the base. It worked like it was because the sheet metal corners of the stand could go all the way out to the ends and the rest of it could flex enough to fit on the sides. So after my paint dries I guess I'll be cutting it in half and welding it back together about a 1/2" wider. Kinda sucks because I thought I was about done. Probably would have taken quite a bit less time to just make a new one. Bummer
That's what I like about metal over wood, you can fix your f-ups

Back