• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

His lift is going for the Packers, thats all. Shiny paint is always nice in the shop, and easier to keep clean. Wish I had a lift in my shop, regardless of color. Of coarse, my roof would have to be twice as high...

Better the chain description is rusty and stiff vs rusted apart.

No I did it the hard way. Wire wheeled it to get the big stuff off and then soaked it in acetone/ATF. Then stuck it in my vice and worked each individual link loose.

Do you know what type of pump? If it's a gear pump (likely) I'd say AW32 hydraulic oil would be best.

Get ahold of mrf. see what they recommend. Many mechanic shops use atf cuz they get have it on hand.

Some pumps are tighter tolerances and spec 10 wt (atf is 10) instead of hydro.

What kind of safety stops do you have on that?

Will, I was assuming a well worn gear pump running in a relatively warm environment would live pretty good with AW32 which is fairly common universal hydraulic oil

You'd be surprised how much faster it'll thaw out with a fan. It'll probably only take 2-3 hours to deice it. And that's coming in from -10

Back