• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

With the quality builds you do and the heavy duty insulation it'll be interesting to see how well the floor heat alone will work. Bet you won't need forced air much at all. Especially in your house.

One nice thing about the floor heat is that there is no forced air. Once the slab is warm, the zone is warm - period. Also nice for painting - again, no air movement, except upward, due to laws of nature.

Screenshot_2017-03-11-19-43-43.png IMG_20170311_112958.jpg IMG_20170311_112513.jpg So a few years ago I picked up a battery load tester and charging system analyzer. The carbon pile didn't seem to be working right so it took it apart to see what was wrong. Basically the metal plates on either side of the carbon pile were corroded and not conducting properly. As I pulled it apart some of the ceramic insulating washers fell apart. Couldn't get parts from the manufacturer anymore either. So I found some on eBay and ordered them. Well life got in the way and the project got shelved. So I pulled it out of the shed where I'm installing my boiler and put it in the shop. So I had a little spare time and decided to see if I could fix it. Turns out the washers weren't quite right. The center hole was too small and it was also too thick. So I picked up a set of diamond burrs off eBay and used my air die grinder and some water and drilled them out. Then I took a piece of 1x2 and drilled a hole to the right depth so the excess part of the washer stuck out and used the side of my tile saw blade to remove the excess.
The worst part was trying to remember how it went back together.

So I thought I'd post pictures of the functions and how to hook it up charts. If anyone has any helpful suggestions on using one of these please post up. Most of it looks pretty straight forward.IMG_20170312_193302.jpg IMG_20170312_193318.jpg IMG_20170312_193333.jpg IMG_20170312_193346.jpg IMG_20170312_193358.jpg

You guys have to figure the snow weight load per square foot and at some point get some of the snow off of the roof?
This isn't alot of snow for here. Probably only 50-60% of an average winter. Snow load for here is 90 lbs but there are occasional years where that's not enough.

Thanks Nate I'm still wondering/nervous about how much extra wood I'll use. I'm just getting started on a semi load of wood I had delivered.
Did some rough calculations and not including the tubing in the floors or the concrete over them I'm into this about 12-13k.

This isn't alot of snow for here. Probably only 50-60% of an average winter. Snow load for here is 90 lbs but there are occasional years where that's not enough.

Extremely mild winter where I am at. Probably did not get 4 to 5 inches of snow total so far, lowest temps might have reached 10 degrees maybe, very mild. It has been a very mild winter for sure, I guess look out next winter.

Had a guy to deliver a tandem dump truck load of logs this year and last year. It is real nice when you can just step out there and saw up the wood near the outdoor wood boiler. My family has more than 175 acres of standing timber that would last for the rest of my lifetime, but its just a bunch of work to go into the woods and get it. Some of that timber is good logging trees, Popular, Hemlock, Oak so on. Some of that land a Billy goat could not stand up on, so it is not all that easy to access all of it. There comes a point where a man has to weigh out his options, what do I sell for timber and what do I cut for firewood. Since I am retired I have sworn that I am going to get back to sawing wood like I use to. The terrain is steep and can be challenge to haul wood out, a 4 wheel drive is a must. Got a 4 wheel drive truck and tractor so I guess I will make it work.

Thanks Nate I'm still wondering/nervous about how much extra wood I'll use. I'm just getting started on a semi load of wood I had delivered.
Did some rough calculations and not including the tubing in the floors or the concrete over them I'm into this about 12-13k.
I can't remember now....what did you use for heat in there before?

Back