• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

Thats a good idea.
The silicone spray is awesome for the rubber window tracts also to make the window go up and down far smoother and keep from wiping out the regulator system/ window motors.

I am wondering about heating the gloves. Ya know how on the plastic wire harness connectors the trick to not braking them is heat with a heat gun a little first? What about doing that to your gloves? I suspect the far colder temps where you are is to blame for the shorter life in them.

Thats a good idea.
The silicone spray is awesome for the rubber window tracts also to make the window go up and down far smoother and keep from wiping out the regulator system/ window motors.

I am wondering about heating the gloves. Ya know how on the plastic wire harness connectors the trick to not braking them is heat with a heat gun a little first? What about doing that to your gloves? I suspect the far colder temps where you are is to blame for the shorter life in them.
Garage, during cold months, even temps down in the 50s, the garage is kept at about 70 to 75 degrees. I never let it cool down, takes too much gas and lectricity to get all them supplies and tools warmed once more if I let them cool down.

So the cover that bolts to the engine is in a large part held tight by the fan drive assembly. My fan drive bearing had just a touch of roughness in it. So I checked with Cat and I can buy the housing and I can buy the hub that presses onto the bearing but not the bearing. It appears that it was never available from them, wth?? So the bearing is made by koyo so I called them and talked to a field engineer. He came up with the part numbers and I ordered one. $76 including shipping from France vs $379 from Cat. Sheesh

Even look and see if Timkin will cross over that bearing. if not, get the dimensions and see what a local bearing shop can do.

the design of that bearing would make me wonder if you could find a couple of bearings having the same OD and ID of that shaft, machining a shaft along with making the housing able to take grease for maintenance. something that would outlast the engine or equipment it's in.

the design of that bearing would make me wonder if you could find a couple of bearings having the same OD and ID of that shaft, machining a shaft along with making the housing able to take grease for maintenance. something that would outlast the engine or equipment it's in.
Used to be able to buy water pump bearings through the parts stores.
Getting a waterpump bearing to fit this application might be a monster for another story. 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹

Back