• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

For a blasting cabinet or just for blasting out doors? not sure why they are never used in a cabinet, but those cotton / kevelar ones that are fully rubber coated we use at work seem to be good for just about any abrasions! I need to look at them and get the name off a pair and see if they can be had online somewhere.

I think all rubber products will harden up with age unless it's made with some kind of silicone compound. I never thought about it till now, but I wonder if keeping the inside of the glove spitzed with some amorall every so often would help with rubber shrinkage and hardening over time.

Been a long time, and only a few. Thats Cat’s replacement to the Perkins workhorse.
Kinda funny you own it- it is like a mini 6.5.
They overheat, loose oil pressure from cam bearings, dry sleeve and are horribly unbalanced.

The waterpump surface tends to warp slightly so straight edge that before it goes back together. Just big block sanding to straighten.

Bumping power is the common request. Just like a 6.5 you get a touch from injectors but there are a lot of options. Go to big and you wash out the cylinders. You can adjust the governor for a few more rpm but don’t go much over 100 rpm extra.
Die grinder work on hot side turbo port and better exhaust helps. The ip can be done internally for more fuel but jump up the radiator accordingly.

I think all rubber products will harden up with age unless it's made with some kind of silicone compound. I never thought about it till now, but I wonder if keeping the inside of the glove spitzed with some amorall every so often would help with rubber shrinkage and hardening over time.
I have a spray can of heavy duty silicone spray.
That stuff seems to do wonders to weather seals on doors, rubber hoses, and the like.
It dries totally with no visible residue, I think that stuff might help to preserve those gloves.
I have HF bead blast cabinet. A terrible little beast, after about 15 or more years the plexiglass screen has begun to let loose and I’m sure will fall in if I mess with it a little.
I should get on HF and see if I can get a new seal for around that and a new pair of gloves too. I been making it work by putting on a pair of them latex/rubber gloves then shoving my hands into whats left of the factory gloves.
Kind of helps to protect the hands from the abrasives.
When I do get new components I will give them all a good soaking with that heavy duty silicone spray and then maybe once a year, marked on the calendar, pull them gloves off, inspect, clean and give them another dose and see if they hold up for any longer.

Back