• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

So it turns out that even though the rest of the machine is metric these wheel studs are not. 3/4-16 and m20-1.5 are very very close to the point that I had to hold my thread pitch gauge and the stud up in the light to see the difference. I called my local Cat dealer and discovered the kit doesn't even use studs it just uses bolts. So I'm getting bolts, Glad I waited to drill my bolt pattern, Now I'm trying to decide whether to have part of the hole threaded.

First, I think you did a really good job and I admire your resourcefulness and dedication to using what you have available to you to make something for yourself instead of just buying it. Second, do you think the hole pattern would have/could have been more accurate if you used the last two holes instead of just the last one to key off of for the next set of holes you were drilling? I know it would have required an additional setup, but I’m just wondering or thinking out loud in case I ever try to attempt anything like that.

Back