• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

Yeah, that thick of steel would require a lot of preheat to get it to cut at all. Then if there would be the least amount of impurity in the steel, that would blow the flame into a direction that might not be so desirable.
I have tried cutting some steel, flame blew to a different direction, ruined the cut so decided to try and find why the flame took such nasty turn.
Blowed the plate away from that area, a razor blade. A stinking double edge razor blade stuck in the middle of the plate and right in line where I was cutting.
Seen that one other time, cutting some flat with a small band saw. Seemed the aaw was running longer than normal for such a small cut. Lifted the band carrier, a razor blade laid flat with the band of the saw.

Got both of these pieces roughed out and one finished. Going to drill a series of holes around the perimeter and plug weld them. Thinking about welding around the center hole too unless one of you welder guys think that's a bad idea. Once I get them welded on I'll chuck them back up and finish turning the center to the right diameter.
Planning on using my DRO on myill to drill the first sets of holes for the practice before I drill the wheel stud holes.IMG_20220314_164525_290.jpgIMG_20220314_175728_026.jpg

Good thing this was just for practice. I was trying for 8 holes. I think I've figured out what the issue is. I entered 0* for the start angle and 360* for the end angle which put hole number 8 in the same spot as hole number 1. So I checked it with 0* as the start angle and 315* as the end angle and it appears to work.IMG_20220317_085410_764.jpg

Good thing this was just for practice. I was trying for 8 holes. I think I've figured out what the issue is. I entered 0* for the start angle and 360* for the end angle which put hole number 8 in the same spot as hole number 1. So I checked it with 0* as the start angle and 315* as the end angle and it appears to work.View attachment 73067
Looks like You are setting up to machine out brake rotors. 😵‍💫😹😹😹

Good thing this was just for practice. I was trying for 8 holes. I think I've figured out what the issue is. I entered 0* for the start angle and 360* for the end angle which put hole number 8 in the same spot as hole number 1. So I checked it with 0* as the start angle and 315* as the end angle and it appears to work.View attachment 73067
Those are some mighty white shop shoes you're wearing, mine would turn gray halfway into the shop 😁

Back