• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

ak diesel driver

6.5 driver
Reaction score
So I picked up this 98 Polaris Big Boss 500 a couple of months ago. I paid $800 for it and it cost me about another $500 to get it going. My original plan was to sell it and buy a motorcycle I wanted on CL. Just about the time I got it together enough to be sellable the bike sold :(.
So one of the things it still needed to be on par with others that are for sale is a winch. I decided to go ahead and put a plow mount on it and put one of the plows I had on it.
IMG_20211101_150915_076.jpg
I thought about keeping it but haven't decided.

MrMarty51

Reaction score
Kory recently purchased two of those. Newer and a smaller engine, what size ?
Ayden and Teagen took Me for a drive into the area where they trap. With Teagen driving and Me on behind, she took that thing through terrain I never dreamt we would make it through. If it were Me, I would keep that 6 wheeler. If You have a four wheeler, sell that instead.
I have a Polaris 400 Sportsman four wheeler, I thought it could get around quite well, until I rode on one of those six wheelers.

schiker

Reaction score
Good video on the cutoff grinding technique. Makes sense because you are not suppose to use the side of the cutoff wheels and/or no side pressure. Try to use type 1 guard, the handle, and faceshield too.