• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

Yeah but at the base of the eye it's square where it keys into the trailer. It's kept from spinning.. Maybe your setup needs to spin I dunno.

Seems like there are many types and some different weight ratings. I like the adjustable height ones but probably not rated heavy enough for that trailer it looks stout. $300 probably is a heavy weight rated one.

Good application. I would dislike hacking that hole with a big hand drill. Easier on the hole saw bit too with mag drill. Just don't kill power to drill until ready with chain. I might even have put a ratchet strap around base and tongue knee area and tightened it down in case plug came out or if I pushed a little too hard on quill handle. I use cut off old blue jean legs for sharp edge guards double them if bad.

The chains holding the mag drill never came off. Way to heavy to risk falling. If I tried I could start to separate the magnetic base with enough quill pressure but there was enough holding power to do the job

Seems like there are many types and some different weight ratings. I like the adjustable height ones but probably not rated heavy enough for that trailer it looks stout. $300 probably is a heavy weight rated one.
Actually the bolt on ones can be had with a higher weight rating, quite a bit more problem was the bolt pattern is 4.5" square and the front of my trailer tongue is only 4" wide. Only way I could make a bolt on one work would have been to shorten the tongue. If anything I'd rather have a longer tongue. All done with the hitch now.IMG_20170508_101355.jpg IMG_20170508_101143.jpg

Little side note the transition from the ring to the shaft had a radius on it to get the radius on the plate I welded on I put it in my 4 jaw cut a bevel then used die grinder while it was rotating. Worked pretty good

Yeah. I see grease zerks so it must be setup to spin, just wondering how the nut is kept tight. Is it a castle nut and cotter pin or..?

You probably don't want the BIG nut to leave. ;)

yup castle and cotter. not really to concerned if it spins but I repurposed that front plate from the setup I cut off and it had a zerk so I figured I might as well do the rear too.

Just reread your post and saw your ? about thrust plate. The rear plate is 1" plate and totally fills the inside of the tongue. If it breaks it'll rip the whole front of the tongue off. Hope I'm not diving when that happens LOL

Yes brake lathe. Wasn't really high on my list of tools to get but the price was right. Need to buy or make some centering cones for it too. Probably going to have more money in that than the machine. It's only set up to do rotors but I'm thinking I can bolt a cross slide on it to do drums.

Yes brake lathe. Wasn't really high on my list of tools to get but the price was right. Need to buy or make some centering cones for it too. Probably going to have more money in that than the machine. It's only set up to do rotors but I'm thinking I can bolt a cross slide on it to do drums.
It looks like a cross slide could be installed on top of the in/out feed.
Might even be one available for that lathe.

Back