• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Plow Truck

Realized I never posted any pics of the entire truck so here it is

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 10
The longer brake shoe goes on the front? I have old timers also.

I thought I'd update this old thread. Truck has been running great. things still to do are OPS relay mod (I know I know) change the quick connect fittings as they are leaking, and figure out why the plow chatters when plowing (mostly when lightly loaded)

I still have to do the ops relay mod, although I've only changed it once in 8 years and 100k miles.

Had a OPS go south last week. Temporary work-around was to jumper key on +12v from the power panel to pin G at the ALDL. I think 93 & 94 obd1 is the same on this.

Sad part, my 93 already has a oe lift pump relay but it's configured for crank only. It may get re-configured. ;)

truck gave me a scare this morning. About 0*F this morning, I had it plugged in and it started right up. was plowing right in front of the house when I noticed that when I was backing up the RPMs were running up way to high. Reverse was not acting as it should. I stopped and checked the tranny fluid nice bright red but it was a tad low so I added some. Acted fine after that so I'm not sure what was going on.

EPS screen with a fine mesh is probably partially obstructed with clutch/wear debris and with the cold fluid the pressure rise is a lil slow.. Or something..

How much did you add? A quart low can make the tranny "slip" or rev a bit to go. Hopefully the fluid you added will solve the problem. Got a free 88 K1500 GMC one time because the owner thought the tranny was bad. I added 3qts and drove it home. Then I added another 1.5qts at the house. Ran great with fluid in it!

Ok, 4L60 (book pics) has a few screens that clip into the separator plate, then a fine screen in the actual force motor (4L80E also).. So 4L60E requires a VB r+r to get at said screens. No need to drop VB on the 4L80E. #317 and 382 in the disassembled VB pic iirc are the screens. 328 being the force motor.

Attachments

• WP_20131225_004.jpg
    WP_20131225_004.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 7
  • WP_20131225_006.jpg
    WP_20131225_006.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 4L80E Valve Body Diagram http___helpwrench_com_fo.jpeg
    4L80E Valve Body Diagram http___helpwrench_com_fo.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 8
Back