• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My 2005 Yukon XL

they do make shim kits that can replace the crush sleeve, but I don't thing there good for long term. you could pull the crush sleeve and measure it since it'ts formed in to what length it's needed and replace with the same spacing shims.

on the other hand, as the bearings wear in when you tightened it up, you only took that tiny amount of slack out. as long as you didn't over ugga dugga it, that fraction amount that got changed shouldn't be anything to worry about.

there should be a slot cut into the pinion shaft threads where you can knock in the lip of the nut keeping it from backing out. not sure all are like this but most that I have seen have this on them.

they do make shim kits that can replace the crush sleeve, but I don't thing there good for long term. you could pull the crush sleeve and measure it since it'ts formed in to what length it's needed and replace with the same spacing shims.

on the other hand, as the bearings wear in when you tightened it up, you only took that tiny amount of slack out. as long as you didn't over ugga dugga it, that fraction amount that got changed shouldn't be anything to worry about.

there should be a slot cut into the pinion shaft threads where you can knock in the lip of the nut keeping it from backing out. not sure all are like this but most that I have seen have this on them.
This what exactly the ideas I had in my head, tighten it to no slack (only used a 3/8 bar). Then try to mall over the nut, but I didn't see a channel in the pinion stud to be able to do that. Thus my wish for the locktite haha.

Gonna drive it to work today, and check them again tomorrow.

Ya gonna install one of those whips so when going though the drive through is annoys the workers when it smacks the roof LOL

or even sup up the radio so when you key it off you can make the fluorescent lights turn on HAHA.

Back in the day there was a guy that lived in town, maybe a mile from the freeway that went by the handle "Green Hornet" he would screw with the truck drivers on the road talking to them making calls on the radio that the black n whites were out and all kinds of hilarious stuff when one of the drivers got on his arse, he had an amp he would use. that would really make things interesting. I had a CB in my truck and would just listen to all the ruckus.

One day thankfully I was far enough away but he must have smarted off at one of the drivers. apparently that driver had a really powerful radio and took out the guys radio for a while. I heard the mess from the other side of town and then it was total silence...

Ya gonna install one of those whips so when going though the drive through is annoys the workers when it smacks the roof LOL

or even sup up the radio so when you key it off you can make the fluorescent lights turn on HAHA.

Back in the day there was a guy that lived in town, maybe a mile from the freeway that went by the handle "Green Hornet" he would screw with the truck drivers on the road talking to them making calls on the radio that the black n whites were out and all kinds of hilarious stuff when one of the drivers got on his arse, he had an amp he would use. that would really make things interesting. I had a CB in my truck and would just listen to all the ruckus.

One day thankfully I was far enough away but he must have smarted off at one of the drivers. apparently that driver had a really powerful radio and took out the guys radio for a while. I heard the mess from the other side of town and then it was total silence...
Haha, nothing crazy, this is mostly because I had everything collecting dust. It will be a 4-foot fiberglass. Might eventually go 3-foot if we can or utilize it enough. Back in high school we may have used amplifiers to boost signals.

Maybe fun for road trips etc., if not guess I'm not buying anything!

Haha, nothing crazy, this is mostly because I had everything collecting dust. It will be a 4-foot fiberglass. Might eventually go 3-foot if we can or utilize it enough. Back in high school we may have used amplifiers to boost signals.

Maybe fun for road trips etc., if not guess I'm not buying anything!
I never was into it, but my older brothers had friends that did the amplifier thing and used 3 antenna somehow to direct the signal.

I never was into it, but my older brothers had friends that did the amplifier thing and used 3 antenna somehow to direct the signal.
Two antenna makes it a directional unit of sorts.
A 102” whip antenna is suppose to be the perfect length for SWR. Something about signal wave ratio.
I never did amps but I was always on the road for my employment working for a candy, tobacco, frito lays distributor. Early mornings and late nights. A lot of drinking and partying.
After they promoted me to sales, stuffed me into a 1966 Volvo 122S, that 102” whip antenna about overpowered that car. 😹😹😹

Amplifiers on CBs I believe are illegal, I had a buddy who lived the next town over and I could get him at his house. Can't remember how far in miles it was, but we were on hills so it went crazy far.
Two antenna makes it a directional unit of sorts.
A 102” whip antenna is suppose to be the perfect length for SWR. Something about signal wave ratio.
I never did amps but I was always on the road for my employment working for a candy, tobacco, frito lays distributor. Early mornings and late nights. A lot of drinking and partying.
After they promoted me to sales, stuffed me into a 1966 Volvo 122S, that 102” whip antenna about overpowered that car. 😹😹😹
I need to find my SWR meter to tune this setup, may have gotten rid of it years ago so I will have to buy one.

Neighbor, blowed his head off living in the shack that is just yards south of my house.
His kids left most everything within.
I was able to buy the shack.
A bunch of old portable CB radios, one base station.
A 102” whip can make a proper base antenna, use insulators and a steel barrel cover. Dont take a lot.
Maybe buy an antenna, mount it to the truck and run some of them old radios through the paces. Might be one that aint burned out.

Plow looks new, from expanding the picture.
I am not sure how old it is. The PO bought it in 2021 on a truck used. He totalled the truck.

It does have some surface rust, a few dents in the mold board, and some crinkles on the top rail in the center that look like they are massaged back. I would label it in overall good shape.

Key was no rot, and the $600 price tag. Most of these are $2k plus. Will try to get some more pics, but it's supposed to rain for 4 days straight.....

Back