• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My 2005 Yukon XL

Replaced the 1 year old POS noisy Cardone reman PS pump with the help of a buddy. This unit is a NAPA reman. Fingers crossed.

Also got the junkyard rear coil bags installed. Drovers side rocker sized, and tacked!View attachment 79660

So let's talk about that Oldsmobile in the background. 🍿From the era where nearly everyone had an Olds in the driveway.

So let's talk about that Oldsmobile in the background. 🍿From the era where nearly everyone had an Olds in the driveway.
The perfect 10! They are both work colleague cars. The black one is a 69 442 total restoration, all original numbers matching. Beautiful car. This car often makes it into the semifinals including "sizzlin' 70s" at the Syracuse Nationals by Right Coast Cars.
LOL the one under the cover? I had thought that was a GTO back there!! 🍿🍿
The one under the cover is a 68 convertible 442, another beautiful one.

New foam pads in!
20230316_172300.jpg
Looking at fixing my no bass stereo issue. I assume either the console sub is wasted or the amplifier is fried. Hope to get back to the JY next week for a spare amp. Says they charge $19. I may grab a sub there which is $6, but I would really like to upgrade that a little. Issue is all upgrades are way above and beyond in power that the amp is incapable of providing or are larger than the 5.25-inch hole the current unit sits in.

Anyone had experience with these on the 03-06 trucks?

Try the Parts Express catalog for a replacement sub driver that small. And the more Watts it can handle the better. If it handles way more than what the factory amp puts out it greatly reduces the chance of physically destroying it or burning out the voice coil. You'll hear the amp itself clipping from too much Loud Knob before damaging the sub speaker.

Their house brand Dayton line of drivers are quite good, I've used them as replacements in professional audio systems (EV, JBL, Peavey) with great results. You'll also find that they carry many brands of small sub drivers used in various home and vehicle speaker systems.

Yup. There are aftermarket plastic sub boxes that fit in the rear area in place of the factory set up on the driver’s side. Some look very stock and some look mighty custom.
Our 05 escalade could really put out some noise. iirc mine was jl audio 10”, amp fit in the original location.

I was thinkg by his post that he was looking at just replacing the fried subwoofer speaker in the factory system, not looking for an aftermarket system. But yes, there are several aftermarket manufacturers, like Pioneer or Stillwater Design, that make really good enclosure systems designed to mount under the seat or behind the rear wheel well.

Could be. I focused on him saying “ but I would really like to upgrade that a little…”

And when it comes to upgrading sound systems, I tend to get carried away, so my wife and mom used to say. My 69 Camaro popped the back window and I had to have huge pipe clamps over roof to support the side windows. MR5000 windshield after it broke.
All from 2- 12” in an isobaric box that fired up through the rear dash. A few 10” thrown here and there… the glovebox had amps that pulled out on a marble tray….
From there I got carried away in later vehicles. Haha.

Tinnitus? No, there is too much Humming in my ears to hear the ringing anymore- haha.

Here's an affordable 5¼" woofer/subwoofer with really decent efficiency (dB/W/m) and good bottom end for its size and especially its size, @DieselSlug:

Back