• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My 2005 Yukon XL

Well, came up with a quick lick and stick to hide the gaping hole I punched out in the rear quarter panel. My initial plan was to complete the replacement this winter, but I've run out of time. Will have to wait till next winter. In the meantime denali cladding to hide the hole. Unfortunately these are off the regular Yukon and not the xl so they are short, but color matched black for $15. Will keep on the lookout for actual XL length ones in the meantime, but ultimately temporary.
20230222_154857.jpg
20230222_154912.jpg

those give it a new look too! I like the third stand keeping the rig from teeter-tottering on the other two!
To be honest I don't mind the cladding, would prefer the correct size. They almost seem to balance out the big denali plastic bumper on the front with the much smaller looking denal bumper cover on the rear. Time may tell if I make them permanent. But my intention is to replace the quarter panel no matter what.

That stand is my contingency plan. Then the tires placement is my secondary contingency plan. I do screw around with that stuff anymore.

More progress. We do have a leak in the airbag system. Tested the bags prior to install so it has to be a line connection. Doing a mediocre touch up on the passenger rear well arch. Rockers are welded, contemplating on do any bondo as its nearly all covered by the plastic rocker covers. Started my hand with a dent popper and light hammering to smooth out the passenger rear quarter. It is dented good from what looks like a bollard by 2 POs' ago. Got the big part out but now have 2 smaller dimples. Trying to get the denali cladding to adhere properly.

This thing needs to be done within the next 2 weekends for some shakedown runs before TN.
20230227_150244.jpg20230228_131440.jpg20230228_131458.jpg20230228_131507.jpg

Lookin good! meh that filter still gots a couple more miles yet lol.

I've always pulled ours and lightly dusted it on each oil change. haha I really never see them get too dirty. the one in my dodge pickup simply rotted away. had a K & N in it and the last time I pulled it and was about to wash it with the kit but realized all the fibers just fell out when I flopped it on the concrete. didn't realize until then that I had bought it about 15 years back!

but then again that truck might get 1500 miles on it a year now, only gets an oil change once a year.

So another find at the junkyard was the OEM wireless headset/remote kit from an 05 Yukon Denali. Even in the original cardboard box. The foam muff covers are disintegrated, but curious to see if they will work with my RSE. Anyone used these in the past?

Back