• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My 2005 Yukon XL

It had 3 bad peeling areas on the outer parts, and a couple small ones on the inner grill. It took me about 2.5 hours to peel the outer. Original plan was to just sand but with the peeling I got worried it would just flake off. I'm really not a fan of the denali grill (mostly due to chrome, and somw to shape). Hope painting it fixes that. I bet thw headlight will be the eye sore after this.

Just install those dark colored lens covers. total blackout, a fella couldn't see the lights until their turned on.
I really want it to be subtle vs. full black out. Just worried the clear lights with silver backers will stick out like crazy. Ultimately don't want it any bit darker where it would prevent light shining through.

Pealing all that off the perforated area of the grille must be a tedious chore! I wonder if they make a grille inlay part where you could cut out that section and snap in a new printable section. maybe even something with more style and better air flow.

Pealing all that off the perforated area of the grille must be a tedious chore! I wonder if they make a grille inlay part where you could cut out that section and snap in a new printable section. maybe even something with more style and better air flow.
It will be for sure. I currently have it sanded. Some peeling has gone down into the little circles that needs to be taken care of. Thought about a 12ga barrel brush to help scrape/rough up all the circles. It does separate from the rest of the grille via mushed over tabs that you heat up, and bend straight to release. However, the grille center doent come out by itself (connected to the surround). Plan is to epoxy primer, then paint with GM WA8555 (Black). This grille may really be a temporary thing.
Maybe replace with stainless?
I see a lot of billet insert options, to be honest not a fan of those either. Not sure of stainless options? Worried the oval section may look strange in anything but black.

Just was notified we need 1 more seat in the Yukon for our TN trip. Going to be heading to the JY for a second row bench to throw in for now.

Back