• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Installing an EGR Blocking Plate, Finger Stick, PCV Reroute.

Congratulations Bill ! :thumbsup:

There is a memeber somewhat close to help with that efi stuff if you're so inclined and want to spend the $$. :driving:

Success!
Tried the 1/4" Craftsman ratchet & 12 mm 6 pt shallow well from my 'on truck' tool set that Bill had recommended. Laying across the engine and my son making sure the socket stayed on the nut. Pried it apart and stuck the blocker plate in. That was a bit tricky. Had to spend quite a bit of time tap, tap, tapping with a small brass mallet but got 'er done and tightened back up.
No codes on the test ride so the finger stick install from earlier must have been correct.

Thanks Barry! Helluva lot easier than punching tubes on a B&W M-superheat! :hihi:

Oh Yea!! when I did my blocker plate I used a big swimming pool foam people float and layed that across the engine and it was good as it prevented things from sticking in my body when laying across it to loosen those bolts.

So having done the block, finger and reroute and now driving for 1000+ miles or so I was expecting to see no more soot on hard acceleration. Not the case so I'm guessing the Predator on 85 is heavy on the fuel at that setting under near to full WOT.
Not that a bit of soot bothers me. It certainly isn't what I was used to before. THAT was a big cloud from time to time.

And I still have never gotten anyone to explain why under WOT there is such a heavy sense of bogging down in 2nd right before a shift to 3rd when it really pulls nicely again. It was always like that stock (I understand defueling to save a sudden hard load on the trans) but it seems more pronounced now under the tuner and the more it seems to bog the heavier the soot.

I think the program is defueling the motor as the 3rd gear clutches are really week. Try shifting to towhaul when you are going to get on it and it shifts a bit better.

Back