• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Installing an EGR Blocking Plate, Finger Stick, PCV Reroute.

Shoot, I am half deaf and I got rid of my resonator as I want to see my motor. Glad I did it. If you do get rid of it use a cap instead of a test plug. In fact I machined my cap/plug out of aluminum.

Ya know, I thought about that a decided I wouldn't post pics until asked. Also this is a mushroom style plug that can not fall into the intake. I took this while I was installing my finger stick and you can see the wiring is a bit crude.

10666792_JC29c
1003119405_4Ka4H-M.jpg

The only think I noticed was I could see the motor. It doesn't do anything else!! Yes, there is the potential for the resonator cracking and then sucking in raw air but, I think that is a non starter. I am a tinkerer and don't want my stuff to look original. Maybe if it was a Lamborghini I would leave it stock.

I haven't used that exact kit but, it looks good from the pics and I have dealt with Dane and he always has great products. I paid more for mine and if Dane had this one when I wanted to do the PCV reroute I would have bought this one.

I can't find contact info for Allseasons, help pleeze. Thanks

They are not listed in the vendor area,or are they?????

OK Bill, thank you. All season didn't work,don't know why I didn't add in diesel?

So I did my PCV reroute today. I also tried to install the EGR blocker (NO GO!) and did install the "finger stick" circuit.

PCV reroute wasn't all too tough except getting to the driver side fitting. That's buried in a mass of connectors and cables.

Couple of pics of the PCV deal:

pcvRoute1.jpg pcvroute2.jpgpcvRoute.jpg PCVoutlet.jpg

The EGR thing is a different story...:mad2:
I could NOT loosen the nuts to spread the flange with any of several different 12mm tools. All the assortment I had was a waste of time... I decided the blocker plate will not be going in. I did, however install the 'finger stick' circuit first (assuming the plate would be installed) so as I understand it, the EGR is no longer functioning, but I could be wrong...

Couple-a pics of that:

Duct.jpg This duct cover is a ROYAL PITA to remove!

FingerWire.jpg FingerWire1.jpg

I thought I should leave the EGR motor unplugged. Guess not because that threw a code right away. So I plugged it back in. Here's a question for you... Is the EGR motor now non functional? If so, then the blocker plate isn't really needed is it?

I think the EGR still functions Mike, but just doesn't throw the codes when blocked. It also does something with the MAF Sensor, and sends it into a loop and prevents codes.

The EGR valve can still leak and I know with the Edge EVO Race that the EGR flapper will partially open and cause the tune to hunt in some cases. The blocker plate installed actually is like an EGR delete without removing the EGR Valve.

Yes, I remember the finger stick wiring was a real PITA!!

Mike, it's all good and on another day you will be able to get the BP installed.

Mike, when stacks04 did mine he had a heck of a time getting them loose, and he's a big guy. He did spray it with penetrating fluid and I held the socket square on the bolt while he muscled it free. Maybe an extra set of hands is in order?

Pretty sure what I need is about half of a deepwell 6pt, 12mm, 3/8 drive with a short ratchet and pull from the driver's side. I have a 6pt shallow but it won't seat all the way on the nut. A 6pt full deepwell is too long. I don't have a 6pt combination wrench in 14mm and I don't trust my 12 pt to not round off the nut. There's no way I can get enough leverage from the passenger side to get some actual torque on it. I see me laying across the engine from the drivers side in my future. And yeah, John, another set of hands might be in order as well... I think the key is the right tool though. Got a 6pt shallow in 1/4 drive that fits. I know better than to try that without having an ambulance standing by...:eek::hihi:

On edit: the socket/wrench size is 12mm. I had mistakenly put 14mm

Last edited:
I remember mention of a universal type ratcheting head with the socket helping out to get the nuts loose. Also a longer pipe to gain leverage, or even a rope on the end of the ratchet and gaining leverage from the driver's side. Also a good dose of spray as well. A good well planned attack! ;)

Mike, maybe like we use to do in the Navy is make that 6 pt deep well into a special tool by shortening it and possibly drilling it out or go find the biggest Gorilla around and get him to help.

The longer I'm "unfinished" the more it's lookin' like a combo of Navy ingenuity and gorilla...

Back