• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Installing an EGR Blocking Plate, Finger Stick, PCV Reroute.

Marauderer

Grumpy Old Cur***geon
Reaction score
Well today is the start of this upgrade and it is starting to get hot outside and maybe i will candy out and finish it tomorrow morning.

Today I got the Blocker Plate installed, made a Helmholtz Plug to plug the intake piping as I am removing the Helmholtz Resonator. I will get a picture of the plug I machined after I post this.

The stinking Finger Stick is kicking my behind.:mad2::mad2::mad2: I have read Kennedy's instructions at least 27X :skep:and I have still to get it in my head what I am doing:eek: so, I haven't cut or stripped any wires yet. I will have to read some other instructions and threads and see if they can give me the clarity I want.

The PCV will be a snap compared to this and I will make a plug for the intake tube also;).

So, I am off to take some pictures and get them posted and see if I can come to some resolution.

Picture of the plug.
1003119314_FYuJ2-M.jpg

I believe this is the plug that has the one lead that is from the EGR.
1003119478_69A4V-M.jpg

and the following is the other plug that has leads involved with the Finger stick.
1003119553_PmTdw-M.jpg

As always your comments and suggestions are solicited.:agreed:

I finally got the finger stick right in my mind. Only one wire actually gets cut and that is the Yellow one from the MAF. In the wiring raceway I found the brown and white stripe wire that will have the blue wire from the finger stick tap into. I will finish it up in the morning.

The PCV reroute may be a bit more involved as the LBZ has plastic hard pipe and I will have to decide which method I will use. But I will finish the Blocking Plate and Finger stick before moving on.

I was looking at a pair of fittings that fit in the valve covers for the PCV reroute and man are they expensive. I guess I will have to make my own. there has to be a way to do that for just a couple of $$.

Well, I went 3-4 engine cycles and then threw a code that gave me an SES light. I checked the code this morning and it was PO402, EGR flow excessive.

Kennedy's FAQ page says:

Q: I have a DTC P0402
A: It is likely that you have an aftermarket air intake. Try switching back to the OE
intake. This will likely cure it.

I have done the PPE Air Box Mod and still have the factory air filter on it.

No big thing for now but I will have to figure it out and get it fixed.

Maybe a tuner box will eliminate the code??? Along with a 4" TB exhaust.

Yea Buddy!!!

Well, I went 3-4 engine cycles and then threw a code that gave me an SES light. I checked the code this morning and it was PO402, EGR flow excessive.

Kennedy's FAQ page says:

Q: I have a DTC P0402
A: It is likely that you have an aftermarket air intake. Try switching back to the OE
intake. This will likely cure it.

I have done the PPE Air Box Mod and still have the factory air filter on it.

No big thing for now but I will have to figure it out and get it fixed.

Maybe a tuner box will eliminate the code??? Along with a 4" TB exhaust.

Yea Buddy!!!

There's an air leak in the intake somewhere downstream of the MAF. Check the band clamp that holds it on the turbo or the plug you made for the resonator.

I was able to get the cel to clear for a couple cycles and then it came back on. Truck is running great I can't wait to get the PCV reroute done. I will probably end up purchasing a kit as I just have to much on my plate currently to take the time to machine my own.

I was able to get the cel to clear for a couple cycles and then it came back on. Truck is running great I can't wait to get the PCV reroute done. I will probably end up purchasing a kit as I just have to much on my plate currently to take the time to machine my own.

Unless your worried about not having the stock piping to put back on later down the road, just take the 2 hoses off from the valve cover and cut out the middle section, meaning, cut the rubber hose and aluminum crimps off the metal tubes that bolt to the valve covers then just slide some rubber hose suitable for oil and clamp it. put both pieces into a t fitting and clamp them also. I then just ran the tub down the pass side under the battery onto the frame rail. Tied it to the frame and viola. Its out sight out of mind and never leaks oil. If your ever in need of returning to stock, just reattach the original center section of tubing with hose clamps to the metal tubes that bolt to the valve cover.

I wish i had that set up. I have the all plastic piping and I am trying to decide how to use it or to just fabricate a new one.

Stacks,:D I know I just spent all that money on my Edge Evo Race w/CTS and want to get the Diamond Eye Quiet tone 4" TB sys. and the Diamond eye down pipe so, I am trying to be penny wise where i can and not so on other things;)

I got my PCV reroute done and and I did the EGR blocker earlier and my old deaf ears says the engine sounds smoother. The LBZ is kind of a pain compared to the earlier models as it has a one piece plastic tubing system and it can't be modified.

Yeah, I just found out about the plastic tubing on the lbz stuff. Haven't done one so I was relying on the gm tech manual pictures and they were the same. My bad. Sorry. What did you end up going with for parts on that reroute?

I am embarrassed to say I purchased the kit from alligator. It must have been pure gold. If I had the time I would have made my own fittings but my plate is so full I passed on that. It would have been months till I got to it. Now I am working on getting the inside cleaned up. I am going to try something tomorrow and if it works I will let you know. If it kills my motor I will be to embarrassed to say anything.

Back