• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Installing an EGR Blocking Plate, Finger Stick, PCV Reroute.

I bought the kit from Tony Burkhardt a while ago, and I was very satisfied with the machined pieces, and the fit. Very professionally designed. I have not seen the kit from Alligator.

As long as it worked for you Barry then your engine will thank you:) I have not seen either kit so I can't comment either way on them.

Very simple install. Remove the factory plastic housing, and then plug the hole up in the resonator. Then install the fittings in the factory spot. From there, just hook up the hose, 1 for each side, and they vent into the air. The hoses get wire tied to the chassis.

Very simple install. Remove the factory plastic housing, and then plug the hole up in the resonator. Then install the fittings in the factory spot. From there, just hook up the hose, 1 for each side, and they vent into the air. The hoses get wire tied to the chassis.

Yes, it should be. But when the tubes are not machined correctly and you have an interference fit and the o ring groove in the tubes are so small all of the compressed o ring will not fit in the groove it tends to complicate things.

Anyway, it is all good!! I have the PCV reroute installed, EGR Blocker Plate installed My Edge Evo Race w/EGT installed on Level 3. I am getting the energy to install my new to me DE Down Pipe, and then the only other major item is to get my 4" TB exh. and I am done. Yes there is a bunch of other stuff I could do but I have other projects.

Barry, just a tip for you, not sure on the mileage or the rust enabling conditions you drive in, but if you remove the metal sheild from the turbine side of the turbo, loosen the clamp holding the turbo to the down pipe and move it a little, you have great access to spray the thing down with a penatrant lube and make it alot easier to come out, the one I just had to remove here at the shop I did this and let it sit ovn and it came out super easy, whereas it did not budge prior.

If your still low miles and not in a real wintery salty zone you may be okay though.

Stacks I have been fortuate in that the truck came to me by way of Kansas with 34K mi. on it and it know has 48K mi on it. Looks great up underneath it but, the penetrant sure can't hurt and I will definitely use some. I noticed that one of the bolts that holds the turbo shield on is missing and when I remove the shield I will replace with another one.

Just re-read this and am getting ready for the PCV reroute. IIRC, Henry sells the LBZ kit and it's similar the the Allseasons one. Jeff, have you got a pic of your reroute?

On edit... I stand corrected. Apparently Henry does not sell them. All seasons it will have to be.
I will post up a vendor request first though.

Last edited:
Mike, have you got to the PVC reroute yet. I got my kit from Alligator and although it is ok I wasn't impressed with the machined fittings that went into the valve covers. They were a pretty good interference fit and were a bear to install. I liked the looks of the All Seasons kit and am interested to hear which one you got and how the install went.

Haven't ordered it yet Barry but I'm going with Tony B. (Allseason). BTW, what's the plug ID for the resonator? 2" IPS?

Mike, you will be happy with the All Seasons kit. This is what I used on mine. The parts fit great and there was plenty of hose, and zip ties supplied. The install took a little longer but that was self inflicted. The routing and mounting of the hoses took a little bit. I ran the hoses out the passenger wheel well. I was not going to zip tie the hoses to the torsion bar. There is a hole in the frame that can be tapped out to 5/16-18 IIRC. I used this to hold a clamp for the hose.

IMG_5325 (Large).jpg

A 2" plug will wok to cap the resonator. I personally went with the cap and not the test plug. No parts to fall in due to vibrating the wing nut loose.

fernco.jpgtest plug.jpg
View attachment 24443

Last edited:
How do you like the sound with the resonator gone? I did not like mine at all - could not hear the compressor whine anymore and the engine had a loud growl to it. After about two trips I put the resonator back on....she was whistlin' Dixie again!

Back