• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I'm brain dead and comfortable with it

Dan Hunter

Truck Terrorist
Reaction score
I purchased oil/filters on the way to work. Prior to that, though, I'd done the dishes, put up a batch of mead in the primary fermenter, loaded my pipe with some Cherokee tabacco, washed my utility trailer, welded back some hardware on it that didn't get enough penetration, and made my lunch.

Of course, being busy today is no excuse. I even did my semi-annual testing at work before I got a chance to put the truck on the lift at the auto hobby shop. As I got underneath it, I noted that the oil pan had never been that clean during a change before. In fact, I noticed the universal was still glazed. In fact, I recalled being annoyed when it was more wet and dripping all over the driveway...about a month ago. I'd changed it in December, then my wife's and then my daughters and simply forgot about it.

I'm 48 and today I realize that I was probably smartest about four years ago when I started my current job. It's obvious now I'm getting stupider. I'm not even sure stupider is really a word. Instead of being upset, though, I intend to go with it.

Today, I've chosen to forget that whole PMD misery thing. Tomorrow, I intend to forget "Steak Sauce". Saturday, I want to forget how annoying removing the vacuum pump was. Heaven knows what's next. What are you willing to forget?

Last edited:
See I told you guys we need a chitchat section for us at the top of our 6.5 page :D

Anyway Dan I hear ya but Im 41 and think im still getting more smarter-er! Ha.

Well for remainder of today before I go to bed, I'll forget this country has elected the most Liberal president and Congress I thought was possible in a great nation, and thank God I have a good bunch of Diesel buddies I can commune with about the ownership of the 6.5 in times good and bad

I'm 50 and a handful of months, Dan, and I forgot...

... something. I'll let you know if I remember what it was :D

Think of it as our brains are just overloaded with knowledge. 48 in June

The smartest thing I'll do today happened when I added my last oil change mileage to my signature.

Hey, I got my pond approved. This fall, the state will provide me with free channel cat and bluegill by the hundreds.

And I`m 55 in July and just now feel like a little kid coz Paulie Boy has just ordered the "ATT" yeee Ha...):h:D ...Oh I nearly forgot,, thank you guys for the inspiration....

When you can't remember what that thing in yer avatar is, it's time for professional medication, Dan.................

The smartest thing I'll do today happened when I added my last oil change mileage to my signature.

Hey, I got my pond approved. This fall, the state will provide me with free channel cat and bluegill by the hundreds.

The only problem is you forgot the milage while walking from the truck into the house to the computer.

32, or was it 31? wait... -quick math-, yep 32.

Plan on keeping this truck forever.

Hmm, May I be the youngest poster here? :baby:I know I'm not on the 'kiddy forum', but here perhaps.

BTW for the ol' timers, keep us 6.5 enthusiasts in your mind come will time... You WOULD want someone who would maintain it and keep her going have it, wouldn't you?

PM me for Name/Address.:thumbsup:

32, or was it 31? wait... -quick math-, yep 32.

Plan on keeping this truck forever.

Hmm, May I be the youngest poster here? :baby:I know I'm not on the 'kiddy forum', but here perhaps.

BTW for the ol' timers, keep us 6.5 enthusiasts in your mind come will time... You WOULD want someone who would maintain it and keep her going have it, wouldn't you?

PM me for Name/Address.:thumbsup:

Oh, Matt thank you for your kind words,,I've had my Truck 14yrs now and you make me feel even more secure...:smile5:

Yer all young whipper-snappers to me, at dam near 68...............

Back