• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help! too much smoke and fuel knock?

New to 6.5s, the site, & have smoke issues

well i ending up buying this truck you guys were talking about and still have no idea whats wrong with it.... i found out a lot about this truck by reading the posts here... its still smoking and knocking.. im new to diesels but know my way around a car...any help????

Welcome to the site Mike, we have found it's easier to keep track of the trouble shooting if you post your issues in a thread of your own. if you would please start a thread listing as specific as possible your trucks issue generalities are hard to diagnose, what color smoke when does the smoke happen etc, are essential pieces of info.

And don't worry we'll soon have you up to speed in no-time on the 6.5

Hey Mike I decided it was just as easy for me to move it for you now that you have your own 1st thread lets start out by you next going to the button user CP and then adding some details to your signature that help us sort out what flavor of 6.5 we are dealing with, fill in as much detail as you know about the vehicle, if you don't know read some of the other folks sigs, or ask questions we can fill in the blanks.

Again welcome to the site :welcome5:

Sorry the mods moved it.... The org owner name is 6chevy9 search his name and It will pop up

Sorry the mods moved it.... The org owner name is 6chevy9 search his name and It will pop up

Got it:

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?t=22185&highlight=6chevy9

reading now...

Background:

sorry i was trying to fill out my sig before you responded lol. its a 94 C3500. it has a 98 block with 595 miles on the new assembly, SSD ECM, SSD 80 hp chip, SSD marine injectors, PMD relocation W/O the heat sync, and a brand new turbo and im unsure of what it is also from SSD. the numbers on it are 123975? the rest of the truck has 220K or so and the injection pump and lift pump have around 4K or so. there are a few other things done that are not important as well along with gauges and everything else SSD has other their site. none of which i put on or really care for. hope thats enough info :)

Okay I think I fixed it back now sorry for confusion folks, Mike as part of my pennance I think I enabled your sig now to include some basic truck info, have you done anything else to the truck as of yet other than what 6chevy9 has done to it ?

Post a reply so I can see if the signature edit info worked

Last edited:
One other thing to do would be a compression check. Have you isolated individual cylinders yet?

Welcome to TTS, I hope you get this figured out

Hey Mike I just read thru the whole thread, it does not appear to me that the timing issue/questions ever got resolved, I suspect from descriptions timing is out of whack, do you have IP turning tools and access to a T-1 scanner, a T1 clone, or MT2500 or other Snap On OBD-I capable bi-D scan tool

You are in luck I think Slim Shady is not too far from you, he is instructing Karate class tonight we usually talk on a nightly basis when you might want to PM him just in case I don't hook up with him tonight. I think he may also have a T-1 scan tool

Could you please pm him for me and have him message me I will but its a pain to do so on my cell that I'm useing now.... If not I can tomorrow

Back