• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Help a Brother Out #2

@dieselolds yeah I've never seen that happen before..I replaced it but I'm real not impressed with these stp filters... I hate to say it but I think the one that got mutilated was a fram... I have an STP in it now but for some reason I'm thinking that they own each other...
This truck is really throwing me for a loop lately.. that's also the first time I've seen power steering fluid as black as oil

You’ll see a huge difference once that new air filter is put into place.I don’t use my trucks all that much but you’d be surprised how quickly the airborne dirt/dust accumulates over time.

@WarWagon yes it did. thank you so much.I actually put one of the fuel filters in already... odly it seems like it made a difference in the engine..like the response is better ..the old filter hadn't been in way to long maybe 5-6 months. But it was nasty as heck.. and I took a turkey baster and sucked out all the fuel from the bowl, and put it in a empty soda bottle so I could see what it would look like once it's settled... Some really nasty crap settled to the bottom of it.. I'll post a pic. It kind of surprised me because I'm using that aluminum fuel tank now so obviously there's no crap in that going up the line, and there's a filter right before the lift pump now also.. I'm wondering if one of the rubber hoses between the lift pump and the filter is deteriorating.

I ordered some Triumph parts out of California. They were being shipped UPS. All was advancing along just phine. Arrived in SLC Utah, then headed north, nononono, wait a minute, not Tacoma Seattle ? It should have been to Billings, just a short skip. Tacoma Seattle to Missoula, WHAT BACK TO OREGON, WTF, okay, guys, this aint a bit phunny, nononono, not back to Missoula, missoula to USPS, oh no, now what ? Then it lands in another town, back to UPS ? Oh crap, finally Butte, okay, now we are getting closer, Butte to Bozeangelas ( formerly known as bozeman ) from Bozeangelas to Billings, NOW WHAT, Not back to usps ? Oh no, three days in that transfer and it is a mere 150 miles from Billings to Miles City. I wish I would have saved that tracking number and the routes. It would make a grown man cry. I think that even Jesus would have cried over that one.🤷‍♂️😵‍💫😹😹😹

Ok @dbrannon79 had a thread that talked about which hydro boost was right for his truck. And saying that it could be heavy duty.. something about 8600 lb and that you can find stuff out by the door sticker... First thing I noticed when I took a picture of mine a couple minutes ago, the sticker says it was made 8/96.... I'm assuming that means that the manufacturing date of the truck.. but my truck is actually a 97 WTF...
I'm posting a picture of the door sticker maybe somebody can decipher it

Back