• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Have to shorten a input shaft by 4/10" and have a ?

Cut off wheel with a thin disc, or a diamond/carbide blade in a cutoff saw. Then use a grinder to bevel and deburr. What are you shortening and why?
It is the input shaft on the NP241c from the output of the 47/48re Hybrid 4x4 O/D unit which is shorter than the 47rh 4x4 O/D unit plus a 3/8" clocking ring because there in not enough area for me to slot the 47/48 re 4x4 O/D unit 5th bolt too match and bolt the NP241c to it. Ideally a Dodge NP241 DLD front case half would be great because I could use an off the shelf 4 5/16" shaft but I've had trouble finding one...

I am also running two (2) VSS sensors the Dodge 4x4 O/D unit for the trans controller and the GM unit in t-case for speedo and ABS...

Well, I decided to re-assemble the t-case then cut down the input shaft by spinning it with a 1/2" big torque drill after seeing a utoobe video on how too do it... I need to make an adapter to fit the rear output flange for the drill chuck to attach as the shaft is spun on one end I can use a cutoff wheel on the input shaft for a short spell then let it cool then another short spell of cutting then cooling until I cut through the shaft...I was amazed how easy and square cut the process is.

I am in shock; most every specialty parts seller on the bay are gone and out of business because of government lock-down's and other bull sh-t control freaks have dictated to effectively bring the country down even further.

When will American grow some Ba_ls and say enough is enough?

OK, yesterday I had finished the shortened input shaft with a dremil to taper the inside edge and de-burr splines then tapered the outer edge to slide smoothly past the seal.

I could not locate a NP241DLD front case half so I used a clocking ring and grade 8 fasteners...

The total overall length of this 47/48 Hybrid 4x4 OD and NP241c is 38.50" so it will clear the torsion bar x-member in its stock location on my GMT425 Burb however; I may still have to R&R the x-member to install it all. The its measuring for a driveshaft to 1410 yokes and u-joints.

If I can figure how to edit images with this Office 2019 I had just installed as it is much different that the 2010 version I'll post up some images.

From the computer, i save images to the desk top, then, at the bottom of the reply box, there is an attach files button, click that, make sure the file location on the popup is set to desk top then click the file and then it should take off from there, although I might be missing a step or three. LOL
From the phone I click the attach files box, then it gives a choice from the photos gallery or take a picture, I always take the pic before hand so I click from the gallery, then tap which photo to attach and letter rip. LOL more than one photo can be selected but I like to keep it more simple and download one at a time before choosing another one, then, after they are all down loaded tap or click full image cause thumb nail always makes it a full image anyways. LOL

From the computer, i save images to the desk top, then, at the bottom of the reply box, there is an attach files button, click that, make sure the file location on the popup is set to desk top then click the file and then it should take off from there, although I might be missing a step or three. LOL
From the phone I click the attach files box, then it gives a choice from the photos gallery or take a picture, I always take the pic before hand so I click from the gallery, then tap which photo to attach and letter rip. LOL more than one photo can be selected but I like to keep it more simple and download one at a time before choosing another one, then, after they are all down loaded tap or click full image cause thumb nail always makes it a full image anyways. LOL
It is the actual size I need to reduce as the images are all above 5MB each...in office 10 I could just open in office and resize crop or whatever w/o hastles...

On the iphone, there is an edit option, a funny looking square thing at the bottom of the page lets You crop the pics.
On one boat forum I have to crop every photo, My phone dont do it automatically, unless I am missing something in the settings,

Finally some images, I had attached a bracket with a bolt and a few nuts so it would fit nice into a 1/2" drill chuck the bolted it to the drive flange...spun the t-case as the input shaft was cut nice and clean finished off the cut with internal and external tapers by running the drill and using big hand files and dremel for real tight spaces.IMG_0287 (2).JPGIMG_0287 (2).JPGIMG_0288 (2).JPGIMG_0286 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back