• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Have to shorten a input shaft by 4/10" and have a ?

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
Cut off wheel with a thin disc, or a diamond/carbide blade in a cutoff saw. Then use a grinder to bevel and deburr. What are you shortening and why?
It is the input shaft on the NP241c from the output of the 47/48re Hybrid 4x4 O/D unit which is shorter than the 47rh 4x4 O/D unit plus a 3/8" clocking ring because there in not enough area for me to slot the 47/48 re 4x4 O/D unit 5th bolt too match and bolt the NP241c to it. Ideally a Dodge NP241 DLD front case half would be great because I could use an off the shelf 4 5/16" shaft but I've had trouble finding one...

I am also running two (2) VSS sensors the Dodge 4x4 O/D unit for the trans controller and the GM unit in t-case for speedo and ABS...

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
Well, I decided to re-assemble the t-case then cut down the input shaft by spinning it with a 1/2" big torque drill after seeing a utoobe video on how too do it... I need to make an adapter to fit the rear output flange for the drill chuck to attach as the shaft is spun on one end I can use a cutoff wheel on the input shaft for a short spell then let it cool then another short spell of cutting then cooling until I cut through the shaft...I was amazed how easy and square cut the process is.

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
I am in shock; most every specialty parts seller on the bay are gone and out of business because of government lock-down's and other bull sh-t control freaks have dictated to effectively bring the country down even further.

When will American grow some Ba_ls and say enough is enough?