• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

H1 Hummer Cummins Swapped

Seems to have posted a few of the pictures twice. Must have done something wrong.

Dude! That is awesome! I would love to see more pics and here details if you don’t mind.
Paint scheme is cool!

The exhaust going up where the intake was is ingenious. I thought about doing one on each side because I like to ford water. But if you don’t than cool set up.

How high body lift?
I see brushgaurd mounts on the air lift hooks but no brushgaurd?
What is the cylinder on right front of frame with hydraulic line & quick disconnects?

Man I want to see this thing in person. So much nice work on it.

This one doesn't do fording, he loves to play on the sand dunes.
The Body lift is 2 inches and we ended up with solid mounts for the motor. Too much torque twisting. I will be making some upgrades on it later this year and I think I have a way to give it some compliance and keep the motor twist to a minimum.
He decided he liked it better without the Brushguard better, so we took it off.
The Hydo line, cylinder and connectors are for the shocks. It has the Rod Hall offroad racing suspension setup.
It may get to your neck of the woods, we had some inquires about taking it to SEMA.

Dude! That is awesome! I would love to see more pics and here details if you don’t mind.
Paint scheme is cool!

The exhaust going up where the intake was is ingenious. I thought about doing one on each side because I like to ford water. But if you don’t than cool set up.

How high body lift?
I see brushgaurd mounts on the air lift hooks but no brushgaurd?
What is the cylinder on right front of frame with hydraulic line & quick disconnects?

Man I want to see this thing in person. So much nice work on it.

Will, I knew when you saw this Thread it was almost like a man looking at a pretty woman, you got very excited.....:D

If I could have done that I would still be spinnin iron for a living. I tried with being partners of a truck equipment shop back in the day. Didn’t do too many fun builds though- mostly commercial stuff.
Way cool job- enjoy!

You all need to hire on Nate if your in same area- matched passion and quality.

Awesome build, Thanks for sharing! :D

Nit Pick: Why are you using a Garbage K&N type air filter that lets more dirt through and plugs quicker than a paper air filter? (They are not even show use only worthy as they don't deserve the free advertising.) That expensive build deserves better. Once you dust the rings it's over. There are better filtration dry aftermarket air filters (not paper) available today if you must have aftermarket. I have walked over K&N letting so much dirt by it screwed up the idle air control to where the engine wouldn't idle.

Right on Will, can do that.

n8, we'll be there this year with a couple of other vehicles. One is the bike we finished belonging to the fellow in one of the pictures called "Boba Jaga". We plan to have at least one H1 there next year.
Cool! My brother and I go every year. I’ll look for you and your builds. In fact, that Hummer was one of the maybe 5 vehicles I actually took pics of. Here are my pics. I guess I was a bit focused on the engine bay, ha.

C89C59DD-0263-4AA5-B50C-50EFC83FC291.jpeg 1CDCD2F4-46A3-4C62-BD76-B04B78BC1647.jpeg DBD30B0E-072A-4578-87B0-9969CCAC3906.jpeg AAB2E19D-D6F7-4280-BD9B-90F58C036D32.jpeg

If I could have done that I would still be spinnin iron for a living. I tried with being partners of a truck equipment shop back in the day. Didn’t do too many fun builds though- mostly commercial stuff.
Way cool job- enjoy!

You all need to hire on Nate if your in same area- matched passion and quality.
You’re too kind, Will.

Back