• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going mechanical with a Moose Omega Marine IP

GM hasn't put the tone wheel in the output of a 4x4 4l80e sine 94. The tone wheels for a 4x4 have been discontinued as it was a 3 year only item(used ones can fetch $250). The speedo signal is easy, it's the abd signal thats tough(speedo is 4k pulse per mile, abs is 128k).

GM hasn't put the tone wheel in the output of a 4x4 4l80e sine 94. The tone wheels for a 4x4 have been discontinued as it was a 3 year only item(used ones can fetch $250). The speedo signal is easy, it's the abd signal thats tough(speedo is 4k pulse per mile, abs is 128k).
Good to know, thanks. Hopefully the Y harness works then.

Summit Racing. Most of it was their house brand, but a couple pieces were either not offered by them or out of stock, so there is some Russell and some Aeroquip in here too. It was my first time doing AN fittings and it really wasn't too bad.

Sorry to hop into the thread this late, I was off-line for a day or so. May I suggest as a source for high quality hose and fittings, including their house brand, Speedway Motors? They deal in such large volumes for the racing, street rod and restoration markets that I find them lower than Jegs or Summit most often. (Of course, it IS unfair that their Will Call window, distribution warehouse, World Headquarters and Racing Museum is a six minute drive from my house! Down side is that I have to pay 7.5% Sales Tax as a Nebraska Resident. Further disclaimer is that my father used to race Sprint Cars against Speedy Bill Smith's Speedway Motors team [and beat them often enough] in the 60's and they remained friends up until Bill passed away recently). So there is my shameless plug for a local company, speedwaymotors.com , where you can even find 4L80E parts and accessories!

Sorry to hop into the thread this late, I was off-line for a day or so. May I suggest as a source for high quality hose and fittings, including their house brand, Speedway Motors? They deal in such large volumes for the racing, street rod and restoration markets that I find them lower than Jegs or Summit most often. (Of course, it IS unfair that their Will Call window, distribution warehouse, World Headquarters and Racing Museum is a six minute drive from my house! Down side is that I have to pay 7.5% Sales Tax as a Nebraska Resident. Further disclaimer is that my father used to race Sprint Cars against Speedy Bill Smith's Speedway Motors team [and beat them often enough] in the 60's and they remained friends up until Bill passed away recently). So there is my shameless plug for a local company, speedwaymotors.com , where you can even find 4L80E parts and accessories!
Very cool. I've purchased some stuff from Speedway before. I would love to one day build one of their street kits. Summit is usually my go-to mostly because if I order before 4pm I'll have it at my door the next day. And if I spend over $100 the shipping is free. I sure wish I was minutes from Speedway, I'd be there all the time....on second thought it's probably a good thing I'm not minutes from them ;)

Not exactly the day I wanted to have. I needed to get some connectors to make the Y harness for the rear transmission speed sensor. The junkyard I like going to is closed on Sundays, so I was going to hit another one....I get there and they're closed, PERMANENTLY. So I go to O'reilly to see if they had the connector I need and as I suspected they didn't. So that was a little deflating. So I just plugged along today and finished what I could. It's pretty much all done except for the harness on the trans. I relocated the oil catch can so I need to get some more hose before I can reinstall the intake tube and hose for the catch can. Otherwise it should be ready to drive.

I did get it started and man does it sound good!!! The Heath tune was always so clattery and I wished it wasn't so advanced but it was what it was, now I have a nice amount of idle advance and it sounds so nice. I originally had the fast idle solenoid hooked up and it was idling at 2200rpm, so I quickly unhooked that. It then idled around 850rpm so I left it there to warm up. I now have the screw turned down so it's idling at 740 in park. It drops down to about 700 when in gear. It seems a little high but I don't want to drop it too low. What rpm should I shoot for at idle? Also when I hook up the fast idle solenoid again, what rpm should I shoot for at fast idle?

The trans controller is reading rpm correctly so it looks like the crank sensor worked like it should. I need to get the program loaded in the laptop so I can start tuning the programs. Hopefully it's driving tomorrow but I won't rush it if it can't happen.

Here's a quick vid. This is when it was idling higher. Enjoy!

Neatest thing, Nate, is the racing museum. Way cool, with historic cars and racing motors from days gone by.

Yeah, because of Speedway, Lincoln is always a host city for the big national hotrod cruise. For a week in the summer the city is full of T-buckets, chopped and channelled 52 Mercs, classic gearhead cars (how about 27 Plymouth Super Birds and Dodge Daytonas all lined up at the Show 'n' Shine!) Just a rodder's/gearhead's wet dream come true!

Back