• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going mechanical with a Moose Omega Marine IP

Yes, the responsibility to not roll coal on the streets and get more regulation pushed down on us.
And the responsibility to pay for the fuel.:oops:
Yup, the coal rollers are gonna ruin it for the rest of us. :mad:

BUT.....I'm not gonna lie, it was kind of amusing when I stomped on the pedal too quickly at low rpm one day and watched a Prius emerge from the cloud behind me.....:rolleyes: It was a complete accident, but did seem kind of fitting somehow. And yes, I did get yelled at. That was before my turbo blanket, it doesn't do that so much now.

Due to a lawmaker getting rolled on who drives a Pirus back east it's now a crime to roll coal in that area. Other places are looking a fines as well.

Due to a lawmaker getting rolled on who drives a Pirus back east it's now a crime to roll coal in that area. Other places are looking a fines as well.
Yeah I've heard about that. I definitely don't advocate doing it. It was a perfect storm that led to this one - I was slowing down to turn down a street downtown and then I realized it was the next one that I really wanted, so I hit the pedal to speed back up but my RPM was basically at idle and there was a delay to spool while the tranny downshifted. I honestly couldn't believe how much of a cloud I left behind me and then I couldn't believe my luck that of all the vehicles to be in that cloud it was a Prius. I'm definitely going to have to be more careful when the new pump is on.

Reactions: NVW
I had a little time today so I was able to make some slight progress. I made the piece to connect the end of the throttle cable to the pump. If I wasn't concerned about cruise control I'd be done, but since I do want working cruise I need to fab a piece for that as well. I think I know how I'm going to do it and have it clear everything but I need to get some more matrials before I can try it. More to come.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Ok, this may be a little premature to share since I haven't fully tried it out yet, but I've made some good progress and wanted to share what I have so far. I have made a combination throttle cable and cruise control connector for the pump and also a cable mount bracket.

I'll talk about the cable connector first. After getting the first part done I came up with a sleeve idea for attaching the cruise control cable. So I got a piece of 1/4" stainless steel brake line to make it. I cut it to length and then put a bubble flare on the end to capture the end of the cable. Then I cut a groove in it so I could slip the cable in it. After that I took it to work so I could TIG weld it together. I welded it to the first piece I made and also welded a reinforcement on the end so the cable won't pull through. Not my best welds, but they'll hold. It's a whee bit hard to weld thin wall tubing to a piece of 3/8" thick stock around holes when you haven't laid a TIG bead in a couple years. o_O

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

After that I realized I had made a measurement error. The cruise control cable attached before with a plastic adjuster piece and I neglected to take that into account when measuring the length difference of the cables. Derp. It actually worked out fine though - I used a piece of 3/16" brake line and made a spacer to take up the slack. This way if I find I need to tweak the length a little all I have to do is make a new little spacer guy.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

That was all last night. This evening I made my throttle cable bracket. I first made a piece that fit around the thermostat housing water neck. Then I figured out where I needed the cables to be and connected the dots from there. Let me just say that the SWAG table on my porta band has made this so much easier to fab!!! Such a time saver. :) I know the bracket is way more robust than it needs to be but I wanted to be sure that it didn't flex. I tried to account for maximum pump adjustment when setting it up so hopefully I have that covered. I still need to work out the return spring and then check everything as an assembly to make sure it fully works before I paint it. Once I have it all worked out I'll take more pictures to show how it all goes together. I think it's coming together well, but I'll find out in the next couple days. Right now it's still too hot from welding to install the cables so I'm just holding them in place in the pictures as a representation.

Once I have the throttle cable situation figured out then it's time to upgrade the underhood fuel system.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Sneaky sneaky both on one connector! Nice. Worried about rotation on 1 mounting bolt however.
Are you talking about the bracket mounting to the crossover? The bracket is in a "u" shape and wraps around the coolant neck and the second bolt goes through that end of the bracket to keep it from rotating. I'll get a better pic of it later.

Yes, the sneaky was a compliment of a good idea and fitting two on to that little area. Then I zoomed in and saw the edge of the bottom bracket mount. Shiny part at the bottom of the pic. Thats solid, no worries.

image.png

Yes, the sneaky was a compliment of a good idea and fitting two on to that little area. Then I zoomed in and saw the edge of the bottom bracket mount. Shiny part at the bottom of the pic. Thats solid, no worries.

View attachment 47791
Look at you going all CSI on my pic! ;) At first I thought maybe you were concerned about both cables running off the same stud and then I realized you were probably talking about the bracket attachment instead.

I took a couple pictures of the bracket off of the engine this morning so you could better see the construction. The steel I used is way thicker than it needs to be for this, but it's what I had on-hand so I used it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back