• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going mechanical with a Moose Omega Marine IP

Interesting improvement in total fuel. Frankly that's an ugly fuel curve for a large turbo that lights off at 2000 RPM. (I am talking about the ATT AND the generic HX40II I tried out where both would light up around 2K RPM.) Typical DB2 or not.

Unless you have good new and perhaps better valve springs it's all risk over 3600 RPM.

I wonder how much fuel loss is from the governor starting to shut off the fuel?

I see the Hypermax smoke puff limiter need. Can they curve the fuel better by other means? Aka 6.5 normal fuel till around 2000 RPM and then pour it on till redline and then cut it back for a soft free rev limiter emissions snap test?

IMO, compound turbos would be the ticket for that fuel.

I was thinking the same thing! With the right amount of boost/air from 1200 rpm up through 2000 rpm you could have one serious torque monster for low rpm pulling or cruising at highway speeds with taller gears.

Nate, I'm sorry but I agree with the above. After running the current turbo a while, I'm afraid your just going to have to go compound to ease our wondering minds;), maybe there's a gubmint grant out there for it!

Or a vvt would be an allowable substitute.
Really can't wait to see your results.

They do have government grants for virtually everything....

You could just be like the government and charge every forum member a small portion of their paycheck. Imagine what you could do then. You could even pay me to build my engine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a somewhat related topic (the topic of you guys spending my money..), I just dropped my tractor's cylinder head off to a newer machine shop in town. I found out they have a dyno - an engine dyno, not a chassis dyno. I didn't ask if they would do a diesel. I did ask how much it costs though and they said it's $500 which includes all the setup and tuning. Sounds like a fun day. Not sure it's anything I would ever do, especially not for this engine, but the idea is intriguing.....

On a somewhat related topic (the topic of you guys spending my money..), I just dropped my tractor's cylinder head off to a newer machine shop in town. I found out they have a dyno - an engine dyno, not a chassis dyno. I didn't ask if they would do a diesel. I did ask how much it costs though and they said it's $500 which includes all the setup and tuning. Sounds like a fun day. Not sure it's anything I would ever do, especially not for this engine, but the idea is intriguing.....
Those engine dyno's cost big $$$$$.00 and require deep pockets.....great tool to determine loss/gains w/aftermarket & custom goodies. Your HX already huffs big air so I suspect some good results w/the new pump but as I noted before low boost compounds would be the ticket w/all that fuel for sure.........

Those engine dyno's cost big $$$$$.00 and require deep pockets.....great tool to determine loss/gains w/aftermarket & custom goodies. Your HX already huffs big air so I suspect some good results w/the new pump but as I noted before low boost compounds would be the ticket w/all that fuel for sure.........
Yeah, big money, but it sure would be fun to start with a baseline and put parts on one at a time and see what they actually do and then see what combo of parts works the best.

I do admit that the idea of compounds is intriguing...,but first things first - gotta get the pump on.

I think it should be mandatory for any company to claim power gains. It would at least get all the numbers back closer to what they are by outfits lying on purpose.

You guys have too much time on your hands.

And to think, I've been searching high and low for extra power when I could have just hopped on eBay and bought a fan with an air filter and stacked some $30 chips on my truck and got all the power I would ever need. Better watch it Leroy, they'll put you out of business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back