• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GM 3.6 VVT

check those infamous GM squeeze clamps! my truck has a tiny leak that seeps coolant where the lower rad hose tee is. for whatever reason when I used silicone hose on that tee it wont stop seeping. it's only enough to get the area around it damp and I've only had to add maybe a couple of quarts of coolant since I did the cooling upgrade. had the connection apart trying to seal the leak too. I've just decided to live with it until I get around to replacing both hoses with new again.

So I took it out for a spin today to try and seat the rings in. All I can say is holy crap. Says it has 280 hp feels like more than that. When I first started getting on it the traction control light was on, I'm assuming from the previous engine issues. Without the AWD and on semi slick roads you had to be pretty careful because it would break loose pretty easy. Somewhere along the way the computer decided to give back the AWD and it was pretty impressive. You could go WOT and feel all 4 corners on the verge of slipping. The engine doesn't really have a redline but it does have a gray area starting at about 6500 that gets progressively more gray. It will easily go 7000 without missing a beat. Anyway I drove it up to the foothills near us and my intent was to make several passes on the 9% grade area to try and load the engine, I did make one run. I started at 20mph and tried to give it as much throttle as I could without it downshifting like crazy. I still hit 75 in less than a 1/4 mile. I decided to go home because I was worried about the cv axles which were making noise.

Wow! that sounds awesome. does it have a trailer hitch? I was thinking maybe if it did, you counld hook up a light weight trailer just to help load the engine. leave it in a lower gear and start climbing. just not something too heavy as to over work the tranny.

if your Jetta is like my daughters with the tdi 1.9l turbo diesel. that car can get it!! I would imagine it would win something down on the track!!

Oops! No damage I hope

Is getting a tune soften power and get better mpg an option for it? Her being a reserved driver definitely has more impact- but if there is power to waste that usually means mpg to waste

Maybe she won't try it out to it's limits. If it was a teenage boy, I'd detune it or mount a throttle stop device on it, if there was such a thing. Seen it too many times, red blooded American Male will run the wheels off of one. Unfortunately sometimes it ends in tradgety.

Just got it dropped out today. Not sure if I'll be able to dive into it tomorrow. Talked to Cloyes and they said everything has a lifetime warranty to me the original purchaser. For those still wondering I started it up awhile back and it started kinda funny then cleared up I only ran it for a few minutes because I was just moving it. It never started again and it has low compression. I'm hoping it hasn't done any valve damage and that the timing shifted enough to just lower the compression

Back