• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel pressure gauge

Is anyone using regular 3/8" hose for the supply for the line into the supply side of the FFM? The formed hose is still available on the aftermarket side but I wasn't sure if it was necessary. I'm guessing that the formed hose is a safer bet due to the heat and tight quarters.

I think I've hijacked from @jrsavoie but it's fuel related and I plan to have a gauge installed in the system also. I like the idea of what is shown in post #32

confirmed 5/16" return line size by part number (line at firewall) - 9439550. Another part number associated is 14066305 per parts dept at local GM dealer. Cut to length.

10228324 is the 3/8" elbow hose back there too.

Getting close to time to order a second fuel pressure gauge or something different than what I have.
I'm still wide open to suggestions

I either need 2 gauges or one gauge that reads 2 sensors.

I saw something like a little flat screen. I'm not sure what it was or what to search for.

I still like that aeronautical gauge

Right now I have the Maxtow double vision in 30 psi.

Is 30 psi a good choice? It comes in a variety of pressure ratings.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes Thats exactly what I been saying I will do. Im tied up right now, but I will draw up how shortly. Soon as my time is free i have to dig up some manual pics for a guy, then after that will draw it up for you. Super easy.

Single pole double throw switch

Yes Thats exactly what I been saying I will do. Im tied up right now, but I will draw up how shortly. Soon as my time is free i have to dig up some manual pics for a guy, then after that will draw it up for you. Super easy.

Single pole double throw switch
Thanks
I really appreciate it.
I'm kind of overwhelmed here right now.

The only 2 pole double throw switch I know I have here right now, is 100 amp for a generator.
I'm guessing, Kind of be the same principle.
Maybe a little large to mount on the dashboard

Still cant get to home for this mess yet. But gabbed a chunk of paper…IMG_0001.jpegIMG_0002.jpeg

So incase you can’t read my chicken scratch writing:
Single pole double throw switch, either holds position or momentary - your choice.

In position 1, the gauge will read the ip sensor. When you flip the switch it will read the prefilter sensor. So with one gauge and two sensors, by adding that switch you don’t need a second gauge. You can buy a push button that does same function as the switch. When you buy the kit, just order a second sensor for that kit. If you can’t buy the sensor separately- beware. Sensors fail and if that happens - you now have to buy another entire kit, so probably best to move on to a different brand anyway.

Lmk if there is anything unanswered as to how it connects.

Still cant get to home for this mess yet. But gabbed a chunk of paper…View attachment 85624View attachment 85625

So incase you can’t read my chicken scratch writing:
Single pole double throw switch, either holds position or momentary - your choice.

In position 1, the gauge will read the ip sensor. When you flip the switch it will read the prefilter sensor. So with one gauge and two sensors, by adding that switch you don’t need a second gauge. You can buy a push button that does same function as the switch. When you buy the kit, just order a second sensor for that kit. If you can’t buy the sensor separately- beware. Sensors fail and if that happens - you now have to buy another entire kit, so probably best to move on to a different brand anyway.

Lmk if there is anything unanswered as to how it connects.
I'm guessing when I get into it I'll figure out which works go where. If I remember right, when I took a very quick look. There was 3 wires coming off the sending unit plug. One of which was white.
I don't remember the colors of the other 2.
Thank you very much.
I think I have a toggle switch like that in the shed .

And so, if a person has that fuel pressure tap that screws into the top of the FFM filter, from Leroy Diesel, would that be a pre filter tap ?
Just trying to utilize the equipment and fittings that I have on hand is all. Instead of cutting a T into the 3/8ths hose going into the FFM.

Back