• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel pressure gauge

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That push fitting fo would be ok for the pre ffm line. I would not use one for the ip side.
The push lock Tee is all I have so far. I still haven't figured out how to get from the IP to the hose.

If you have a better parts list. Please share. You know how many hours I've pissed away at this today. Not too mention other days.

Easiest:
ffm fitting from Leroy for prefilter and Ip fitting from Mod Mafia both posted earlier.
Dont need anything else other than gauge w/sending unit.

Snubbers are ok- and helpful if you have a p.o.s. lift pump. Cheap lift pumps pulse a lot and make it hard to get an average reading- but the gauge is correct, the pressure and flow is jumping all o er the place when you see that. Use a high quality lift pump and you will have fairly steady pressure where snubbers are not used.

When you see erratic needle jumping you have erratic fuel pressure. To think that is good for the ip is an error. It is better than no lift pump and the fuel line being in a vacuum- but thats like having a knife wound being better than a bullet wound- still not ideal. I have used snubbers but only when I need to see how fast the lift pump is dying. Soon as I can afford a good lift pump, the snubber came out.

Easiest:
ffm fitting from Leroy for prefilter and Ip fitting from Mod Mafia both posted earlier.
Dont need anything else other than gauge w/sending unit.

Snubbers are ok- and helpful if you have a p.o.s. lift pump. Cheap lift pumps pulse a lot and make it hard to get an average reading- but the gauge is correct, the pressure and flow is jumping all o er the place when you see that. Use a high quality lift pump and you will have fairly steady pressure where snubbers are not used.

When you see erratic needle jumping you have erratic fuel pressure. To think that is good for the ip is an error. It is better than no lift pump and the fuel line being in a vacuum- but thats like having a knife wound being better than a bullet wound- still not ideal. I have used snubbers but only when I need to see how fast the lift pump is dying. Soon as I can afford a good lift pump, the snubber came out.
I don't like the Leroy fitting that goes to the top of the FFM.

Does the fuel line attach directly to the mod mafia fitting somehow?

I always thought you had to go from the mod mafia fitting to a hose barb somehow.

You unscrew the fitting that goes into the ip.
Install the Mod mafia fitting.
Screw your fitting into the mod mafia fitting.
Screw the sending unit into the mod mafia fitting.
Use teflon pipe dope on the npt threads. The flare fittings get nothing on them.

In the picture posted above, in the red circle you see the sending unit and it is screwed into the MM fitting. Above it you see the factory black fitting

So with the adapter fitting, are there any other fittings or adapters we need to thread this into the IP on ether a DS4 or DB2? and then to the barb for the hose? it looks like this fitting is a 6an male to female. iirc the fitting the screen is attached to on the DS4 is female o-ring boss.
I haven't found what the fitting is yet.

With the correct fitting all we should need is the fitting.

Remove the line insert the fitting with the sending unit and reattach the line.

I have this fitting coming from Amazon. We'll find out if it's the correct fitting after I have the parts gathered.

I'm still looking for a gauge I like better. I don't see any reason they need to be as large as they are.

The gauge I have is rated at 30 psi. I think I saw the same gauge rated at 20 psi.

I'm going to check to see if I can find a place to mount it, that I like. I'll also look to see if there's a place to mount 2.

If not I'll go with the dual gauge. I'm not looking forward to running the wires. Especially the laying on the floor boards part. Between the dizzies and my fat butt not fitting, it should be fun.

While I wait for the stuff for the gauges to arrive,
Next up is the Fluidampr - should have been installed when I bought the truck -

If anyone has different gauge suggestions, I am wide open to suggestions.

I like that aeronautical gauge, but that's not happening.

I'm having a lot of trouble spending what I'm spending so far.

I ordered this instead of the mod mafia fitting, do to price and shipping on top of that.
We'll see if it works. It's 6AN, in and out. I can't believe I couldn't find that info posted anywhere.

Last edited:
I haven't found what the fitting is yet.

With the correct fitting all we should need is the fitting.

Remove the line insert the fitting with the sending unit and reattach the line.

I have this fitting coming from Amazon. We'll find out if it's the correct fitting after I have the parts gathered.

I'm still looking for a gauge I like better. I don't see any reason they need to be as large as they are.

The gauge I have is rated at 30 psi. I think I saw the same gauge rated at 20 psi.

I'm going to check to see if I can find a place to mount it, that I like. I'll also look to see if there's a place to mount 2.

If not I'll go with the dual gauge. I'm not looking forward to running the wires. Especially the laying on the floor boards part. Between the dizzies and my fat butt not fitting, it should be fun.

While I wait for the stuff for the gauges to arrive,
Next up is the Fluidampr - should have been installed when I bought the truck -

If anyone has different gauge suggestions, I am wide open to suggestions.

I like that aeronautical gauge, but that's not happening.

I'm having a lot of trouble spending what I'm spending so far.

I ordered this instead of the mod mafia fitting, do to price and shipping on top of that.
We'll see if it works. It's 6AN, in and out. I can't believe I couldn't find that info posted anywhere.

Thats the fitting I have.
I’m tempted though, go to ACE hardware and get the swivel fitting made of steel. Drill and tap it and see if it can be accomplished without destroying the fitting.

Thats the fitting I have.
I’m tempted though, go to ACE hardware and get the swivel fitting made of steel. Drill and tap it and see if it can be accomplished without destroying the fitting.
A possible problem I see with that, is the flats not being wide enough to tap the hole into.

Might be able to drill and weld a 1/2 coupling to be it. You wouldn't need a very big hole. Maybe 1/8" hole would be big enough

That $30 fitting from Mod Mafia includes shipping- everything he sells includes shipping to the lower 48 last I heard.
So the $14 for amazon plus shipping cost should save you $10 or so, unless you already pay for that shipping included deal from amazon already- Then it’s half the price.

Let us know what other gauges you come up with.
I was looking at some oil pressure gauges, but not sure if the sensors would withstand the corn juice in the fuel. I haven’t settled on which gauge yet. In the past I used mechanical gauge, but bringing fuel into the cabin was not a smart thing.

Back