• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel pressure gauge

I haven't figured that out yet.

Hopefully I can figure out at least one. If I can't figure out mounting 2 gauges, I will probably go with the dual gauge I posted earlier.

I'm hoping to find something not quite so large.
I have one of these setting atop of my dash.
I cut a piece of an old aluminum sign and fit it to the base and screwed it to that aluminum.
So far I have only the right rear cylinder head temperature gauge mounted within it.
When I run the wire for the RR cyl temp gauge I also laid in an additional two more wires and have the two extra wires coiled up and stowed in the engine compartment.
I also laid in the ground, light and IIRC a positive voltage wire so all the wires are inside the pod waiting for gauges.
I also drilled the pod between two of the gauges and installed an indicator light light for the engine cooling fan control. When the fan kicks on and I have the Autel Maxi AP200 ALDL adapter hooked to my phone I can see at exactly what temp the fan kicks on.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The red toggle switch is for the electro viscous fan indicator. I didnt know how bright the light was going to be so wanted the ability to turn it off for night driving. It is not all that bright and I will be removing it and replacing it with just an LED indicator light.
The two open holes already has the wires there for two more gauges.
YES, coldish out there this morning. That is frost on the windshield, at least I hope its just frost. 😧😹😹😹
IMG_8515.jpeg

For those of you wondering what fittings will fit I did some digging tonight on what possibly may work.

The 6AN is equal in accepting the 3/8 fuel hose.The fitting itself to me that threads into the injection pump appears to be a M10x1.5 with an o-ring under it with 6AN on top.I looked at what I found by quadstar and it appears to be just that.I found the fittings on Amazon and the prices are pretty cheap.These are Canadian prices.I’m pretty sure these fittings will do the job.

The one fitting showing the dimensions and measurements will probably work better if you use a larger drill bit to make the orifice larger and go straight through it.Using a 3/8 bit will probably leave you with not much material remaining on the M10 end or you can leave the fitting as is but it’ll be just 1/4” diameter.

I could be wrong on some of this but the quadstar fitting appears to be M10x1.5 on the pump end.I hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_7500.jpeg
    IMG_7500.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7503.jpeg
    IMG_7503.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7502.jpeg
    IMG_7502.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7499.jpeg
    IMG_7499.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 7
The quadstar fitting that threads into the pump might be M12x1.5 as well after taking another peak at it.Some of you guys will probably know for sure,but Its only a matter of buying a M10 along with the M12 just to be sure.Heres a M12 I found on Amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_7504.jpeg
    IMG_7504.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 4
For those of you wondering what fittings will fit I did some digging tonight on what possibly may work.

The 6AN is equal in accepting the 3/8 fuel hose.The fitting itself to me that threads into the injection pump appears to be a M10x1.5 with an o-ring under it with 6AN on top.I looked at what I found by quadstar and it appears to be just that.I found the fittings on Amazon and the prices are pretty cheap.These are Canadian prices.I’m pretty sure these fittings will do the job.

The one fitting showing the dimensions and measurements will probably work better if you use a larger drill bit to make the orifice larger and go straight through it.Using a 3/8 bit will probably leave you with not much material remaining on the M10 end or you can leave the fitting as is but it’ll be just 1/4” diameter.

I could be wrong on some of this but the quadstar fitting appears to be M10x1.5 on the pump end.I hope this helps.
Looks like you could drill And Tap the Quadstar fitting, if you knew which flat to drill.

I would imagine that with all the variables, you'd have to install what you have, mark the side, pull it back out for drilling and tapping. To make it a gauge T.

That would eliminate a fitting.

That is true.You could definitely do that.In saying that if you did install the extra fitting it gives you a little more room to thread in a gauge,etc.or whatever one decided to do.I like the extra fitting though.

Last edited:
I ordered some fittings this morning from Amazon and I have some blue 6AN aeroquip push lock hose that I bought a few years ago from EBay.I might have black aeroquip hose too.

I condemned the old FFM years ago.I use two spin on fuel filters nowadays.

I didn't think to look at the description until today. This is from Quadstar's site below. I have this kit but it didn't come with enough hose to reach from the fitting to the return line. This says 5/16" for the return to tank, which is the return line I'm asking about - I should have been more specific.

Is this correct that it is 5/16" to connect to the line at the firewall?
1704244890095.png

Back