• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Electric Fan clutch

I want to know what the deal is with that pump. Virtually nothing in reviews on ytt internet that I could find. Its self proclaimed amazing - which it may be, but I like independent comments.

I see the orange and blue are both 12v source from controller( like for dual fans if you have them) , and the red in clutch is the 12 input.

So if I read that correctly it's saying the high flow water pump works better if you use a single thermostat housing?? Or is it just early in the morning and I need another cup of coffee LOL

Ehh... After all the problems I had with her, I haven't been able to get her over 200 degrees since fixing her.. so I'm not messing with it LOL...
Grandpa always said if it ain't broke don't fix it...😒....
(I always lived by if it's broke fix it,,, if it ain't broke modify it 😁)

Question does anyone know the diameter and thread pitch of the water pump bolts & studs? I forgot to bring one with me and would like to run a tap through the power steering stud hole it is pretty gunked up

On the single stat working as good or better than duals-
Only if the single stat crossover is the type with the blockoff unit. Many single stats like all the hummer and hmmwv singles do not have the block off and they do not.

All truck single stat housings including the 96 have the bypass block port. The dual stat does not block the bypass, so it 8s reccomended to install a 3/8" orifice in the bypass line to force more flow through the radiator when the stats are fully open.

Question does anyone know the diameter and thread pitch of the water pump bolts & studs? I forgot to bring one with me and would like to run a tap through the power steering stud hole it is pretty gunked up
Responding to myself, does that bring my mental state to question? 10mm 1.5 if anyone else ever needs to know.

I installed harmonic balancer, pulley new water pump, clutch & fan last night as well as a new to me overflow tank. Wired up controller it was late so not exactly done the way I want it. However I needed it to be mobile. Seems to function correctly drove it to work today 54 miles I could hear it turn on and watch temp gauge drop! What a change! After shutting off at work about 10 minutes see a steady drip on passenger side cannot tell where for sure but either bottom hose off overflow or heater hose at firewall. Made me sad.. but relieved to pressure and it stopped. So I will have to drop fender liner later I guess that is something most of us can do in our sleep .. LOL Want to hook up travel trailer and hit the mountain close by, I think it is about 5% for 2 miles or so. It will be a good gauge since I have had to deal with it before!

Back